Saying Goodbye, I Apologize

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
LucidityMaster

Saying Goodbye, I Apologize

Postby LucidityMaster » 27 Aug 2014 18:56

Hey Everyone,

I believe that it is best for the health of this forum that I leave.I want to sincerely apologize for the arrogance and ignorance that I displayed. I apologize to Rebecca for posting links that may have diverted traffic from the forum.I also want to thank all the thoughtful, supportive people that make the World of Lucid a Dreaming Forum the great community that it is.

Rebecca, you have made an extremely supportive community of individuals. Nesgirl, sorry for the arrogance. You are a modest individual who has great knowledge to contribute. Peter, you are very kind, thoughtful, and have an excellent knowledge of scientific facts.HAGART, you have an admirable sense of humour, which brightens up the atmosphere of the forum. Thanks for all the tips you have given me in regards to my attitude. KonrdKronos and Goldkoron, I am sorry for the ignorance I displayed. You are very talented at what you do. ToraRubik, thanks for sending me the warning, but it's time I have moved on. Chaosdragoon, you are awesome, and extremely kind. I am sorry for any other individuals reading my posts who have been irritated by my arrogance.

I know what you are thinking 'Let's celebrate, LucidityMaster is leaving!' I understand this; I have been consistently showing arrogant, inappropriate behaviour, and it's time this has been put to an end.

Heck. I can lucid dream at will, but I am a loser. I have severe OCD that prevents me from getting a job, socially disabling Tourette's Syndrome (the rare swearing kind), depression, and social anxiety that prevents me from making friends. Lucid dreaming at will is my escape from this mess. That's why I was so angry at Lucidology, my Tourette's causes me to constantly move around, and I can WILD fine despite this.

Wishing you all the best of luck,

LucidityMaster

Summerlander

Re: Saying Goodbye, I Apologize

Postby Summerlander » 27 Aug 2014 19:29

Don't apologise for being who you are and then leave. Stay, express yourself, and evolve like the rest of us. From reading your post it seems that you acknowledge having been insensitive to others and there is a tone of redemption. So why leave? It now rests on the others to recognise that you have grown from this experience and accept you for who you are.

You are not a loser. You colour the world as much as the next person. You are a great lucid dreamer so you are in the right place here. I value your opinions, even if they at times clash with mine. It is a pleasure to have your input so try to reconsider.

What do you say? 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

chaosdragoon13

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 27 Aug 2014 19:49

C'mon man, dont take it too seriously and leave the whole forum. Since you can lucid dream at will, then talk to your subconscious and fix a few things that you think that they are flaws. Everyone makes mistakes, whats important is that you learn from them and try to fix any errors about yourself. Lucid dreaming is a great way to escape from your troubles but it is also a great way to prepare yourself for anything that comes at your way. I know you brag a bit too much, but that only drives me to work harder and try to lucid dream the way you do and everyone should feel the same way. So dont leave, stay and help other people how to lucid dream. Stay, help them, nurture them and guide them to the greatness that is lucid dreaming.

I still need that link of course, but still you dont have to leave because of some troubles you faced. So again, dont leave, stay and set a good example of yourself.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 27 Aug 2014 20:17

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 05:37, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 27 Aug 2014 20:43

LucidityMaster. I also have severe OCD and Tourette syndrome, but I do not have the rare swearing kind. It does enlighten me that you broke free of your tourette syndrome and have become a successful WILDer, a feat still incapable of me.

I am sorry for the attitude and rudeness we all displayed toward you, we talked behind your back within our own secret club, (our skype discussion group). You don't need to leave, you need more people to talk to. Heck, you should join our skype group, we talk about lucid dreams every single day and always support each other.

If lucid dreaming is an escape from life, then you need to correct that. A true and experienced lucid dreamer should not escape to lucid dreaming, but escape from lucid dreaming to life.
Do a reality check

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Aug 2014 20:48

I didn't read the other comments yet, but I must first say, no need to leave if you see the err in your ways. You have a lot of knowledge and enthusiasm, and now that we know more about you the pieces of the puzzle come together. You never said anything bad about anybody and you were always positive.

(I'll edit this when I read the other comments and know how to word what I am thinking better....)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 27 Aug 2014 21:01

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 05:38, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

chaosdragoon13

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 28 Aug 2014 11:06

Do you guys think he left, or is there still hope of convincing him?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 28 Aug 2014 12:28

I don't know. But give him time. If you guys recall when I first joined, I upset a lot of people and was on the verge of being banned. I grew and tried different approaches, i.e. refraining from banging on about my opinions all the time. But I still express them and try to see where my opponents are coming from.

I think our friend here is afraid of upsetting people further. It's natural after a confrontation. But he shouldn't leave because of that. He should stay, freely express himself, and, if he happens to offend anyone, he can always apologise if an apology is indeed due. If a scenerio like that recurs we also need to ask ourselves if the complainant is being reasonable. This guy has shown us that he is big and humble enough to admit being wrong and has apologised. He is just a human being and I can somewhat empathise with him. I've been where he is minus the conditions (although I do think I'm a bit OCD myself).

Statistically, it may be true that people with certain conditions find it harder to lucid dream. But this is not strictly true for everyone. We still have a lot to learn about the human brain. Two individuals with OCD are not the same. They differ in many other areas. Where they differ may mean the difference between entering the lucid dream world with ease and with great trouble.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

chaosdragoon13

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 28 Aug 2014 16:45

You were on the verge of being banned? Wow thats new, i never thought someone like you would upset anyone. You have a lot of philosophies that you will always follow and you are a proud lucid dreamer. You are an admirable person and yet you were somewhat of an ass before?(please excuse my language but it was appropriate for this moment :mrgreen: I dont really mean that anyone in this forum is an ass, no offense)

But still, you're right summer the fact that he upset some people and regrets his actions makes him a good person and not a bad one.

Return to “Off-Topic”