Natural Supplements

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
shams

Natural Supplements

Postby shams » 28 Jul 2014 10:52

Does anyone know about natural food that can make you lucid dream and/or help with dream recall?

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image

Jack Reacher

Re: Natural Supplements

Postby Jack Reacher » 31 Jul 2014 03:46

A friend told me cheese gives you vivid dreams/affects recall etc.

No idea if its true or not though.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 31 Jul 2014 04:22

Apparently B6 helps, and it naturally occurs in certain foods. Using B6 supplements can be dangerous due to overdose, but the supply in natural foods is safe. Do your own Google Search to find what foods are high in B6.

The Placebo Effect may work as a result, but why complain about that?!

Some even drink a little coffee when they WBTB to wake up the mind, but you have to make sure you get the dosage right. I myself don't drink coffee, so don't do it, but I heard it can help, and it makes sense. It wakes up your mind while your body sleeps. I heard cocoa, straight up, no sugar, can help too because it's a mild stimulus. (No sugar because you get a sugar crash).

I actually don't use these, but it's what I've heard and I'll pass it along. It's worth a try and safe to experiment with.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 31 Jul 2014 22:42

As HAGART said, B6 helps but can be dangerous in high amounts so make sure to be careful. Here's a link I found that tells which foods are high in B6.

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/foods-high-in-vitamin-B6.php

I personally take a B6 supplement every now-and then. I use a 50mg suppliment (2,500% recommended daily value...) and take it once or twice a week at most. This was actually on the low amount for suppliments you could buy. They had much higher doses available. I have had no drawbacks to this whatsoever, but I can't say if it would be the same for you as everyone's different and responds differently. Just be sure to do your research. :)

Peter

Postby Peter » 01 Aug 2014 07:39

Coffee is good at WBTB if you dont let it keep up awake, fine line and need experience
Coco is just as good if you dont like or want coffee
Tried a lot of apple juice one night and had a wicked lucid so that worked once, but cant remember the brand
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

shams

Postby shams » 01 Aug 2014 08:15

Thanks everyone for the reply.
I ate two medium sized potatoes last night and I remembered two dreams, which is a first for me. One dream was vivid while the other was not very vivid.

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image

ViviDream

Postby ViviDream » 28 Aug 2014 23:39

A great dream enhancer food is the banana! Just eat two before bed and you should notice a difference. Also drink apple juice, the B vitamins in both improve Choline production in the brain which is essential for connecting memories and improving awareness.
Unlock your dreams... www.vividream.co.uk

Bogatyr

Postby Bogatyr » 24 Sep 2014 19:50

I've never noticed much food-based affects on my dreaming. Perhaps it can help if you're suffering from a deficiency of dream-related compounds. Galantamine + choline is magical but keeps me awake, if I can just get to sleep it's a lucid dream party practically all night long.

I've had crazy dreams on wormwood too. Mugwort hasn't done much for me but maybe my supply wasn't fresh.

B6 (I've only tried up to 100mg) didn't affect dream recall at all, I've tried it several times.

Protein powder mixes (the ones body builders use) sometimes give me really vivid and somewhat lucid dreams but not every time.

edit: actually I have eaten a banana a few times at WBTB time -- whether it's the compounds or simply the energy boost from the sugars, I don't know, but it's resulted in fairly vivid dreams. I think consuming some energy-boosting (but not brain stimulating to keep you awake) foods in the middle of the night can really help with dreaming because your brain has more energy available to it to spend on dreaming!

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 24 Sep 2014 21:29

You got me thinking....
The brain runs on glucose as it's 'fuel supply'. So if we eat something before bed or when we WBTB that is converted to glucose quickly and enters our blood stream to our brains, it should give it plenty of fuel to make it more active. That should stimulate vivid dreams and a more alert mind shouldn't it?

I forget the scientific, biological reason why, but eating food will also make us drowsy, so it's a win-win!

These are just my thoughts, but I think it's worth looking into.....
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Peter

Postby Peter » 25 Sep 2014 00:57

Not that simple and a fine balance to get some effect and not being able to sleep when you take simple sugars, also the brain runs more on a type of sugar released by the liver.

The bodies fueling system gets really twisted very fast unfortunately
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”