I dream shared with my sister as a child

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
dreamergirl15

I dream shared with my sister as a child

Postby dreamergirl15 » 29 Aug 2014 13:20

My sister is 2 years younger than me and we were always very close- like twins almost. One night I dreamt me and my sister had watched a ballet performance and decided to leave early so walked out of a door and towards some spiral stairs. Then when I looked behind me she was gone but she was at the bottom of the stairs and I was at the top. I fell down the stairs and died and everything went black but I could hear my sister screaming saying why did I go up there. Then I woke up and in the morning my mum told me to be extra nice to my sister as she had had a nightmare last night. When I asked her what it was about she said that we had been playing football and I ran away and she followed and I had got into this room with only huge spiral stairs and I was right at the top and she told me to come down and I fell down all of the stairs and died. She said she was screaming at me.

This was 5 years ago at least now but what do you think of this- was it dream sharing, was the sister who visited the ballet with me a normal dc but the one at the bottom of the stairs the real her? This has creeped me out for a number of years and I obviously can't be sure if this was a coincidence...

nesgirl

Re: I dream shared with my sister as a child

Postby nesgirl » 29 Aug 2014 17:48

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 02:19, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

dreamergirl15

Postby dreamergirl15 » 29 Aug 2014 19:16

Thank you for this, I never really believed in dream sharing but thought this one experience was just too wierd however I understand what you'r saying so this probably was just a coincidence. :D

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 29 Aug 2014 20:55

Not here to start a conflict, but nobody can truly 100% say that dream sharing is not real.

Me, Hagart, and Vonozar did a short research study on dream sharing earlier this year, where we would do synchronized WBTB and go back to sleep at the same time with our minds set to meet each other at a specified dream scene.

Although we had weak results, I do believe that our brains are capable of a lot more than we realize. Dream sharing may not be real, but it is a commonly reported phenomenon. Who knows though, it could just be random chance and math.
Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Aug 2014 16:55

I think if I was in the situation you were in with this, I'd think I probably picked up my sisters dream when she was telling my mother. Your subconciousness is VERY AWARE when you are asleep and sounds when asleep can be amplified, obviously your sister had told your mother and you may of overheard in your sleep and hence created this scene being talked about (of cause that is only if your sister did share these details with your mother).

Thou Im saying this I do believe in dream sharing as I once had a shared dream with my daughter (at exactly the same moment).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 30 Aug 2014 18:24

That is feasible Taniaaust. We certainly do take in aspects from real world into our dreams. For example, I live semi close to that recent California earthquake epicenter, and while I am stubborn and don't wake up easily to anything, I did have a dream about hearing about a huge California earthquake on TV.
Do a reality check

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 10 Sep 2014 08:44

No, you didn't have a shared dream with your sister.

Guys, you are being ridiculous. :lol:

There is no scientific mechanism to support the concept of dream sharing.

Sorry to break it to you, but this is the truth, whether you want it to be or not.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Sep 2014 07:46

LucidityMaster wrote:No, you didn't have a shared dream with your sister.

Guys, you are being ridiculous. :lol:

There is no scientific mechanism to support the concept of dream sharing.

Sorry to break it to you, but this is the truth, whether you want it to be or not.

Not everything which is scientifically true has been proven yet!
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 11 Sep 2014 15:45

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 02:20, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

PKJacker

Postby PKJacker » 12 Sep 2014 04:16

Actually it has been proven that Dream Sharing doesn't exist. Because in Multimedia, when they assigned 2 designers the same project, they did their own form of the project. While when you looked at the 2 pieces, they exactly matched the description, the 2 forms of design visually couldn't have been more different from each other. Never in the history of design have 2 different art forms done by designers matched perfectly, there is always something different about them, if you look at them from a designer's eye. That is because everyone's form of visual design is just as unique as a person's handwriting.

I generally believe in dream sharing, but I don't believe that both dream perspectives are going to be exactly alike because we aren't looking at the dream in the same way. Just like in real life you're never going to have two people recount an event exactly the same way, or even be able to draw a place they saw the same way since they are focusing on different areas.
Now there's also the fact that you are both very high on dreams and are hallucinating the entire experience, never really noticed people recounting the exact same experience as someone else when hallucinating even though they might be in the same room.
Three steps from bliss.

Return to “Paranormal Activity”