Question to people that practice MILD

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Alien874

Question to people that practice MILD

Postby Alien874 » 29 Aug 2014 00:45

I have started to follow the MILD technique about a week ago, I have still not gotten any results. How much time did it take you to get results? How many reality checks do you make daily and which ones do you make? I do take it easy, its just that I am curious how long could it take and if there are better tests that the ones I make.
Look at your hands

dreamergirl15

Re: Question to people that practice MILD

Postby dreamergirl15 » 29 Aug 2014 13:06

Alien874 wrote:I have started to follow the MILD technique about a week ago, I have still not gotten any results. How much time did it take you to get results? How many reality checks do you make daily and which ones do you make? I do take it easy, its just that I am curious how long could it take and if there are better tests that the ones I make.

I have been having lucid dreams naturally all my life but now I want more I have been practising MILD, I will tell myself each night "The next time you see something it will be in a dream. You will know it is a dream and you will become conscious"- I don't think this really helps but it's good to do it. I also do a reality check whenever I remember and I look at my hands and count the fingers and look at the lines. On my first lucid dream since I started to purposely attempt to get them I had it because in my dream I looked at my hands and they looked very blurry so I said aloud "I am in a dream," and my hands warped and changed and they looked sooo real- every crease was perfect and it was so amazing I woke up but I haven't had that same experience in a dream yet. I also wake up a lot in the night naturally which I think helps me because when I wake up I think I realise I was dreaming and think "I will have a lucid dream," or something. This is WILD and is very helpful in conjunction with MILD so if you don't wake up naturally set an alarm for about 2 hours before you actually get up it may help. I also read about another technique which I'm just starting at. I don't remember the name but a user on a forum created it. Basically you choose a broad action that occurs in a lot of your dreams as well as your waking life- eg. for me talking to people or it could be school or one person in particular. Whenever you do that thing perform your reality checks and apparantly it helps a lot. Hope this helped :) And if you aren't a natural lucid dreamer- i.e you have never had a lucid dream spontaneously (I had them almost every night as a kid but didn't know what they were) the 1 week is not long enough and it could take up to 2 months so be patient it is worth it trust me :) xxxx

Happy Dreaming xx

JogDog

Postby JogDog » 30 Aug 2014 09:04

dreamergirl15 wrote:I have been having lucid dreams naturally all my life but now I want more I have been practising MILD, I will tell myself each night "The next time you see something it will be in a dream. You will know it is a dream and you will become conscious"- I don't think this really helps but it's good to do it.

I would just like to point out that after doing this last night, I became lucid almost immediately. So it does help, at least for me!

Alien874

Postby Alien874 » 31 Aug 2014 16:36

Thanks for your answers!
Look at your hands

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 02 Sep 2014 21:08

MILD is based on prospective memory-so a good way to increase its effectiveness is to work on your prospective memory first! Then when you tell yourself you're gonna have a lucid dream tonight, you're more likely to remember to do it :)

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”