How To Get Dream Characters To Go Away

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
TheFluffyDuck

How To Get Dream Characters To Go Away

Postby TheFluffyDuck » 18 Aug 2014 13:08

In my last lucid dream, I was attempting to relax on a swing when two dream characters appeared. One got on the swing next to me and the other just stood staring at me. I was having a nice time relaxing and I wanted them to go away so I closed my eyes and imagined them to disappear but when I opened them, two more had come and all four of them were staring at me and it made really uncomfortable and I couldn't get them to leave me alone. Is there anyway to get dream characters to stop bothering you?

HAGART

Re: How To Get Dream Characters To Go Away

Postby HAGART » 18 Aug 2014 16:09

I use The Jedi Force. ;)
With a wave of my hand, I fling them away. That doesn't always work though and some can be very persistent. In that case, why not strike up a conversation. Perhaps you were not meant to relax on a swing, and sometimes you have to go with the flow of the dream instead of controlling every aspect.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 18 Aug 2014 17:35

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 05:48, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Aug 2014 18:31

I think dream characters stem from emotion, and physically fighting is a rather moot point, since a dream is not physical.

I've 'killed' a bunch. :twisted: (or destroy since they aren't real so there is no murder involved)
But I never laid a finger on them. I whisk them away with a flick of the wrist, or even made one's head explode with my mind like the movie, Scanners!

But I have also realized, that my own emotions dictate their behavior and you can win a fight before it even begins. ;)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 18 Aug 2014 21:37

Haha, I feel your pain. One time a bunch of DC's were being really mean and aggressive towards me so I jumped out of the building I was in and while flying backwards knocked the building over using telekinesis :D

[ Post made via IntergalacticSpaceboatOfLightAndWonder] Image

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 19 Aug 2014 00:13

You could try an experiment. During a calm time of the day, recall the dream. Then imagine yourself talking to the annoying dream characters who are staring at you. Ask them why they are staring at you. Do they represent some people or a situation in your life in which you feel you are being pressured or judged in some way? Or maybe they are waiting for you to perform some action which you feel ambivalent about. Before you go to sleep, ask "the awareness behind the dream" to give you a dream in which you have more meaningful communication with these characters who've been bothering you. They could even decide to help you in some way.

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 22 Aug 2014 03:32

When dream characters interfere with your lucid dream experience, I call this phenomenon 'dream resistance'.

This can be quite an annoying issue. I recommend you change the scene by dream spinning, then remaining completely still until you find yourself entering another lucid dream.

This is known as the DEILD technique and involves these steps:

Dream spin

Remain completely still

Imagine a separate dream body

Focus on rolling or floating into this body

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Aug 2014 16:11

Seeing they wouldnt leave, next time try to transmute them into something else not so distracting for you. You could try turning them to statues.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Characters”