Same problem?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
ltf1992

Same problem?

Postby ltf1992 » 30 Aug 2014 12:28

Does anyone have this problem? You begin to lucid dream, you start to fly around or shoot lasers from your hands or whatever, but it never seems to go to plan ( for example your lasers won't hurt anything or flying won't go faster?). Is it possible that, to fully control a lucid dream, you need to plan exactly how things are going to go before you try it?

eg. if I want to shoot lasers from my hands, can't just think it, that's too simple. What if you gave specifics such as the temperature of the laser, how far the laser can travel, what colour it is etc?

dreamergirl15

Re: Same problem?

Postby dreamergirl15 » 30 Aug 2014 13:25

I think you just have to expect whatever you want to happen WILL happen, maybe invisage it first. When I want something to appear in a lucid dream I hold my arms out in front of me with me forefinger and thmb pinched together and imagine and expect that the thing I want is between them and when I move my fingers apart it will get bigger and it works because I expect it to. So expect that you CAN fly faster I would say and maybe close your eyes and imagine you're flying faster then open them and if you expect it you will be going faster, same with the lasers, expect they can destroy thing.

Hope this helps you xx

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 30 Aug 2014 15:54

It seems like we have two minds. The one in our heads and the one in our gut. Over thinking doesn't work in a lucid dream, but our gut beliefs can do wonders.

I was lucid once starting from my bed and went to my front door to leave the house, but I felt like ripping it off it's hinges and throwing it for fun. It was like trying to rip a door off in real life and I didn't have the strength. Logically I just couldn't do it. Then I took a moment to pause and truly feel in my gut that it would just come off and I tried again. There was no give what-so-ever and I pulled it off with a single hand and threw it.

There are many times, however, I forget to do that and things don't work out the way I want them to. I've shot lasers or Kamehameha waves, and although impressive to see, they don't do any damage. I need to practice what I preach and believe it will work, but hard to do, since I've never done that in reality so I don't even know what to expect. (In fact when I do, it ends up looking cartoony, as if it was Dragon Ball Z, the way I've seen it on TV. Go figure.)

So I guess you need to envisage it throughout the day, and have a mental plan. But for me, my lucid dreams never go according to plan anyway and I don't mind. In fact I enjoy being pleasantly surprised. Who wants a scripted dream that only leads to disappointment if it doesn't follow the 'rules'? Have no expectation and you will never be disappointed. :ugeek:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Karin

Postby Karin » 30 Aug 2014 18:21

HAGART wrote:It seems like we have two minds. The one in our heads and the one in our gut. ...

Oh, good one!

Side note: The other day I was pondering the similarities between these two images: a brain attached to a spine/spinal cord, and a pile of small intestine attached to the large colon... 'The mind in our heads, and the mind in our gut.' :D They do talk to each other, google gut-brain axis...

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”