Dream recall for lucid dreams

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Meister Nacht

Dream recall for lucid dreams

Postby Meister Nacht » 01 Sep 2014 01:18

I wanted to lucid dream first almost year ago, so I started to try improving my dream recall, but I went from remembering dreams once a month to once a week. Eventually, I sort of gave up.

Now, I've revived my interest in lucid dreaming and I've started to remember more dreams, but I still need a much better dream recall. I've looked at a lot of tips online, but they haven't really helped much. Do you guys have any suggestions?

EDIT: I guess I should mention I've had a couple of lucid dreams before, but not using the techniques, and basically the only thing I could remember about them was that I had them.
As a psychic Pokémon, I have no need for the internet. Or companionship. OR WHISPERING!

torakrubik

Re: Dream recall for lucid dreams

Postby torakrubik » 01 Sep 2014 23:09

Dream journal is a must. In fact it's probably all you will need to drastically improve your dream recall.
Dreaming is my drug

Meister Nacht

Postby Meister Nacht » 02 Sep 2014 04:38

I have a dream journal and I write in it when I remember my dreams, but that isn't very often. I hope to write in it every day, but... I just can't remember every day.
As a psychic Pokémon, I have no need for the internet. Or companionship. OR WHISPERING!

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 03 Sep 2014 15:26

You could try setting an alarm for when you should be in REM sleep as you're more likely to recall a dream if you awaken directly from it. Also as soon as you awaken, don't move or open your eyes-just focus on recalling any details from your dreams. Moving damages your chance of recalling your dreams (I forget why). Then write whatever you remember even if its just 'green carpet' or 'happy feeling'.

Over time, you should be able to write more and recall dreams frequently :)

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

Meister Nacht

Postby Meister Nacht » 04 Sep 2014 00:05

OK. Does anyone know if the MILD technique could help? Instead of the typical use, I could use something like, "I will remember my dreams."

Has that helped anyone else?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 04 Sep 2014 02:38

Just have a different mindset. You aren't going to sleep, you're going to trip out for a while.

Then whatever happens happens. It's a natural and safe 'drug'. 8-)

No need for textbook protocol. Don't over think it. We already know how after countless dreams, but perhaps we just need to re-remember how. (I basically said nothing and yet said everything)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Meister Nacht

Postby Meister Nacht » 04 Sep 2014 05:32

Sorry, but I don't follow. Maybe you misunderstood my post. When I look back at it, I realize it was very unclear.

I am saying, "I will remeber my dreams" repeatedly in my head each night. I am not trying to lucid dream yet because I need better dream recall first.

Or did I just misunderstand you?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 04 Sep 2014 17:49

I was talking weird.

What I mean is there is no EXACT way to MILD and it doesn't have to be followed to the tee. It's just a change of mindset when we sleep, so we treat it differently.

But your main concern is to remember dreams better. Sometimes I only remember a small fragment of a dream, and I just lay in bed and think, how did I get there, and what happened first? That usually helps put all the pieces of the puzzle together. What also helps, and I do this naturally sometimes, is that I wake up repeatedly in the night and about once an hour during REM in the morning after each dream. That significantly helps with dream recall.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Meister Nacht

Postby Meister Nacht » 05 Sep 2014 01:07

OK. Thanks!

Also, I remembered my dreams last night! Let's see if I can do it two nights in a row...

Peter

Postby Peter » 06 Sep 2014 10:12

Dream recall, when you wake up just dont move, I cant make this comment strong enough. Dont move at all and say this to yourself on going to sleep. so wake up, dont move and the dream will remain in you mind, the instant you move it will be gone.
I have at times recalled up to 13 dreams in a night but also can forget the last lot if I dont do this.

Then let yourself recall them backwards from most recent to oldest.
Recording, make bullets points and then flesh them out later

I might scan and post a couple of dream entries soon to show how simple and effective it can be to record them and only takes a few minutes
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “For Beginners”