The difference between waking life and the dream world.

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
nesgirl

Re: The difference between waking life and the dream world.

Postby nesgirl » 05 Sep 2014 21:51

nawick wrote:I cant "Fly" in the real world (unless I am in one of those winged metal tubes that store terror and other negative emotions.)
In the real world there is only 1 of me. I have no ability to switch from 1st person to 3rd (? Top down) view.
In the real world, I will never wake up, and you can't make me.
In the real world, when I break something physiologically, if I sleep and wake up, it is still broken.
In the dream world I do not age, I am always at that perfect age, when ever that was.
In the dream world I am happy (usually) where as in the real world I am simply not unhappy.
In the real world, the shadow beings, lizard people, cat people, hooded beings, blazing beings, Marvins and those others don't exist, or else are very well disguised.
In the real world, "changing the channel" only works for the tv, not for existence.
In the dream world, I have never had OOBE/AP.
In the dream world, I don't have tinnitus, carpel tunnel nor am I color blind.
In the dream world, when you hit the bottom of the canyon, you simply bounce.

In the real world there is science that is working on a way to perfectly clone
If that happened, you would be either in a coma or dead.
That is pretty much true
Ultimately it depends on your control in your reality, and usually how fate treats you in the real world on how happy you'll be in both worlds.
Obviously, in your own reality, you are creating them.
That's because the TV is a form of Multimedia a Multimedia Designer created. Ever notice you can things like that in a video game?
Hope not. That'll just give you creepy pasta nightmares. And that isn't real anyway. Personally I can think of things that are a lot more daredevil to try in a Lucid Dream which are a lot less intimidating than that. Skydiving, befriending the spiders, facing an old enemy, swimming with sharks, or whacking your date: http://www.whackyourex.com/.
In some Lucid Dreams/Dreams, that is quite the truth, isn't it?
Or you just teleport to someplace safe before you hit the bottom.

By the way your theory about some of us being never born is a plain immature comment. We were all born the same, with different abilities. And you are no different than the rest of us, you are just having very vivid dreams. If you are having any luck with some of them, they are probability Lucid Dreams (your last dream you spoke of was a fine example of a Probability dream of the past: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DreamingOfTimesGoneBy) And unless you provide evidence on the Full Spectrum camera and post it on YouTube for us to see, I am not changing my mind

Edit: I saw that post you made Hagart. It is unfortunate that some people can't accept NO for an answer. My friends back in high school and I all knew this: personal space is very important. We never got too close to each other. Just because I am a female doesn't mean that you come in and by force invade my space. If you did, I know how to fight back and would not hesitate to do so.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 Sep 2014 01:49

Touche, nesgirl! And we definitely need our own personal space xx

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Sep 2014 03:38

OOPS! :P
I was actually razzing Snaggle. And deleted it after about 3 minutes! I might as well re-post it now.

All I said was:

In the dream world Snaggle thinks women are more generous with their bodies.
In the real world Snaggle has his foot in his mouth! :D

(But I also admitted that I am the same in dreams, and I even mentioned that I was going to piss off Nesgirl)

Correct me if I'm wrong but that was almost EXACTLY what I wrote, just 3 lines like that. And I knew you'd hate it, nesgirl, so I deleted it. But not anymore, and now I am the one with my foot in my mouth for some reason!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 07 Sep 2014 05:35

HAGART wrote:OOPS! :P
I was actually razzing Snaggle. And deleted it after about 3 minutes! I might as well re-post it now.

All I said was:

In the dream world Snaggle thinks women are more generous with their bodies.
In the real world Snaggle has his foot in his mouth! :D

(But I also admitted that I am the same in dreams, and I even mentioned that I was going to piss off Nesgirl)

Correct me if I'm wrong but that was almost EXACTLY what I wrote, just 3 lines like that. And I knew you'd hate it, nesgirl, so I deleted it. But not anymore, and now I am the one with my foot in my mouth for some reason!

Maybe it is because some women are in fact kind of cushy in their nature, you might think of them as teddy bears you want to hug. However a woman's nature doesn't mean that they are stuffed animals for you to cuddle. And I get to you that the opposite gender has a much different appearance than you are used to. We even smell different, sound different, and we have a bit of a different skin texture. Despite our gender, we are still human, and we deserve to be treated as equals.

You want to use your hands? Get a PHD, and become a masseuse. You can then use your hands to massage most of the body and then you'll even get paid for it.
Goodbye forever...

Peter

Postby Peter » 07 Sep 2014 05:40

We even smell different, sound different, and we have a bit of a different skin texture.

I am grateful for that..

Despite our gender, we are still human, and we deserve to be treated as equals.

Yip - agree with this one
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 17 Sep 2014 19:34

But men and women are not the same. They behave differently by nature. They are also physically quite different. They also play different roles in reproduction. Women tend to be more emotional. Men tend to be funnier. Both are interested in different things. Just saying. B-)

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 17 Sep 2014 21:08

Summerlander wrote:But men and women are not the same. They behave differently by nature. They are also physically quite different. They also play different roles in reproduction. Women tend to be more emotional. Men tend to be funnier. Both are interested in different things. Just saying. B-)

We are the same. We are both human. Just because we are different in shape doesn't mean we are that different from each other. And remember I am anti-romance, so therefore that doesn't matter. Not all women are overemotional, tomboys tend to show very little emotion. And some women can be very funny, especially if they are tomboys (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ekLcUyDWaU). And I wouldn't say all women are completely interested in different things: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Tomboy

And in case you haven't noticed, I don't exactly have too much of those girly behaviors most my gender has.
Goodbye forever...

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 17 Sep 2014 21:12

Notice how I have carefully worded my statement to include words like "tend." :D

- Padmasambhava

Peter

Postby Peter » 17 Sep 2014 21:30

LOL - of course

very good. go to go for a while.

Summerlander, can we Skype for a short call sometime? I will pm contacts if you want to
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 17 Sep 2014 23:40

Sometime. Yeah. I don't even have Skype. How do I sign up? Lol. I know jack about that. :-D

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”