Hallucinations

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
wispulation

Hallucinations

Postby wispulation » 05 Sep 2014 22:44

OK, to start i had a Hallucination last night It was extremely terrifying I was sitting there in bed and i couldn't get to sleep it was about midnight about half an hour trying to get to sleep but then all of a sudden It got hard to breath I looked down at my chest and there was this small circular Ogre thing with sharp teeth and everything sitting on my chest I panicked and i literally jumped out of bed in pure fright I looked up and it was gone I remember reading up an article on Hallucinations and I know why it happened now id you think about negative things a horrible Hallucination will come but if you think positive thoughts you'll have nice Hallucinations (eg angels etc) I was wondering a few questions

A) Is Hallucinations a way into a dream

B) How did it make me feel like i couldn't breath

C) How can i make it happen again

Thanks
To achieve a Lucid Dream you have to believe you CAN Lucid Dream

torakrubik

Re: Hallucinations

Postby torakrubik » 06 Sep 2014 00:55

A) It can be, yes. What you experienced was the 'Old Hag' effect; a result of awakening during sleep paralysis and fear. This is one of many possible gateways into a lucid dream. See this article for more information: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/sleep-paralysis.html

B) This was most likely in your mind; the ogre on your chest made you think you could not breath, but you could well have been breathing quite normally in reality.

C) There is no need to induce sleep paralysis to have a lucid dream. However the WILD method can lead to SP sometimes, the technique is described in detail here: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/wake-induced-lucid-dreams.html

Hope this helps!
Dreaming is my drug

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 Sep 2014 02:17

a) dreams can be regarded as "sleep hallucinations."
b) during sleep paralysis your chest muscles become atonic to the point where when irregular conscious breathing may be uncomfortable. Breathing is "supposed" to be unconscious at that point.
c) What torakrubic said.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Sep 2014 06:49

He didnt say anything about being in a sleep paralyses state, in fact he was able to just jump up so able to move so to me that discounts sleep paralyses.

I get things like this when I havent got sleep paralyses going on. In my own personal view its sometimes astral things Im seeing (seeing I can see these at times in a non tired state too and esp if Ive being energy raising meditations earlier). Maybe the astral body itself can feel the heaviness of another astral being sitting on it?

Ive never been able to enter in on a LD from experiencing astral stuff when not in a sleep state.

If it was thou a dream or halluncination, yes it may indicate you are ready to go into a LD state as it means you are already like dreaming even in your awake state still if you are still awake (like then daydreaming).

Next time try reaching out and touching it. In my own experiences a bit like that, I find its my "astral hand" that moves.. Im usually separately aware of my physical hand. (beware, dream or otherwise it probably will bite or do something but it shouldnt do you any real damage). I usually try interact with anything I come across in the various states. Do not be scared. I find experiences like this quite interesting to have.

You were on your back? Laying on back can trigger things like this. Your state of not being able to sleep, no doubt probably did so too.

Sometimes things just appear no matter if we've been doing postive thoughts or negative ones but it is true that if one is scared, one is likely to subconciousnessly create a scary image of something.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”