Evolution of WILD sensations

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Peter

Re: Evolution of WILD sensations

Postby Peter » 07 Sep 2014 01:00

It was good read and I wont ruin it for you. They chose subjects that were used to drugs and the effects and I would love to have seen lucid dreamers used as well.

I used OBE to mean a body exit by floating out and have about half of my wilds like this, the rest are by entering directly into the dream
I have said this a few times but the difference in producing either effect is where I put my attention, either the body or by looking into the darkness and watching and waiting for the HI to form up. Its makes that much difference
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Karin

Postby Karin » 07 Sep 2014 03:17

Peter wrote:...
I used OBE to mean a body exit by floating out and have about half of my wilds like this, the rest are by entering directly into the dream
I have said this a few times but the difference in producing either effect is where I put my attention, either the body or by looking into the darkness and watching and waiting for the HI to form up. Its makes that much difference

Oh then that makes perfect sense: I definitely make an effort to focus away from the body, and into the HI! That's why then! Thanks for that, Peter.

My body or physical reality are the last things I want to experience in an LD. I am already stuck with those while awake, why would I want to experience that in my dreams too... :roll:

Peter

Postby Peter » 07 Sep 2014 03:40

its just another entry stye and if my mind is too active then I put my awareness around my body and that seems to calm me down and get me to that drop point. Quietness and the first stage of a LD entry or I just stay with the body and play with the floating sensations.
Check my dream post for an example of how abstract the entries can be, there is nothing normal or related to physical reality about it and the exits can be wicked fun

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1425&start=70
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Sep 2014 03:55

Interesting, Peter, how a hand reached out to you. In the one I shared earlier in this thread, a hand touched me on the back of the neck. I've actually had many experiences with hands touching me, even if I can't see them. I won't speculate on the reason for it, but will find a few other WILD accounts involving hands and just put it out there for you guys to read and judge for yourselves.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Postby Peter » 07 Sep 2014 05:39

I have had that from time to time but in this case it reached out and lifted me out of the physical and assisted me with getting lucid and then stayed with me into the early stages of the dream.

This is a new one for me but also just an extension of some belief I expect that came in strong on this occasion

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Sep 2014 10:07

Perhaps you forgot about an early one I posted:
(It was over 2 years ago, so I don't blame you!) :D
Even I am drudging up past experiences and re-visting them.

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1385

The part in blue was the most important part that relates to this. There was a whole 'person' although shadow in form, who reached out and grabbed me and we lucid dreamed together for a bit. I lost awareness of him and I was on my way, but that's how it started. Just for evidence, that is what I wrote over 2 years ago, it's the truth, and I'll let you guys make heads or tales of it. (I don't have that one in my journal actually so I had to provide the whole link) EDIT: I do have it journaled and that post said I do! Oops.
Last edited by HAGART on 07 Sep 2014 16:38, edited 1 time in total.

Karin

Postby Karin » 07 Sep 2014 12:45

In my very last WILD, that I had a couple weeks ago, when I was in the HI state, I started by seeing spinning shapes, and at that point I asked for help getting out. I immediately saw arms reaching for me out of the darkness (same place as where the HI shapes normally appear, except it was arms). That was directly in response to me asking for help.

The HI I liked best so far was the time I saw a window appear, and felt myself joyfully going 'head-first through it', and on the other side I found myself high up in the sky overlooking a beautiful landscape and feeling a great expansive feeling of freedom. That was an awesome transition.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 07 Sep 2014 14:35

Karin, your transitions are very different to mine (people dont tend to transition how I seem too). I have shared some of mine in depth at this website before when sharing LDs but sorry I dont know now where those posts are. (I may try to find one in my dream journal one day and post it here for you.

Once I lose awareness that I am breathing, I know I am likely going to be successful.

It is by the breathing which has helped me to know when Ive transitioned at times eg I will suddenly realise that Im breathing in two different bodies instead of one and then move my consciousness fully over the breathing dream body. Interestingly when I have both bodies breathing, they breath at different rates (so it makes it easier for awareness to kick in this is going on).

I dont get any vibrations while doing LD. I also "usually" dont see any images either, my sight is the last thing I usually get coming into a LD. My senses move across to a LD state at different rates eg first I'll start feeling like Im in two places eg I still feel my physical body but will have the feel of being elsewhere too. My hearing kicks in fairly fast into the dream (thou ocassionally I'll still be hearing from my physical body too at first, so hearing in two places). Lastly my sight comes into the dream (at that point Im probably disconnected from my physical bodies senses)

On the rare occassions I do get say a shape or patch of colour, I'll use that to help get me into the LD. I do that by enlarging it or moving like myself (my consciousness or energy) over to it and knowing as I do so it will get bigger and bigger. I then end up in a scene and it will become something in that dream eg a patch of colour one time became the wall paper on a rooms wall which I found myself in.

When I transition into a dream, it never seems to be my bedroom but will be somewhere I dont know at all. This I find really interesting as I never know what kind of setting Im about to find myself in (except if Ive purposely pulled myself back into a certain dream after a drop out).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Karin

Postby Karin » 07 Sep 2014 15:03

Hi Tania, nice to see you here again! :)

Thanks for sharing your experience with this. I find it fascinating to compare experiences, because even though there are differences, there also are a lot of common points, and it's interesting to find common points in a highly subjective experience.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Sep 2014 17:31

Taniaust1 mentioned breathing and feeling like two separate bodies. It reminded me of something in my dream journal, and I was surprised about all the other details I recorded and forgot about. This is one of my early ones and maybe my 3rd or 4th ever successful transitions. It happened after a lucid dream ended and faded to black and I remained still, trying to re-enter.

Here's the excerpt, word for word, spelling mistakes and all:

(January 12, 2012)
.....It was pitch black, and I could feel my eyes rolled upward in my head. I hear a ringing noise in my ears that starts quiet, but gets louder. I see a light, not pure white, but yellowish or golden. It was vague and out of focus, but got closer. It felt like I was viewing it through 'dream eyelids'. Then the light took shape, (all the time the ringing continued). He looked like I was looking at my eyes in the mirror. Just black and golden colored. In fact I think I only saw one eye. It was moving around rapidly. I thought that it may have been doing that in real life, hence REM. Then I see both eyes staring back at me, as though my eyelids were mirrors. They were no longer moving rapidly, and they were calm, not bug eyed. I could see my whole face now, still black and gold, and my hand was gripping my temples, my thumb on my right one, and my middle two fingers on the other. I don't know how it didn't obscure my face, but that's how it felt. It was a fake hand, but I felt it was my true sleeping position in real life. It felt like it helped me concentrate. I hear a banging at my door as if someone desperatly wants to get in. I feel like part of me was laying in bed and another was looking behind at the door. Then I started to breath heavily out my nose, and every breath i breathed out, I could feel on the back of my neck. It was slightly warm. That happened 3-5 times and then it started to feel like a stream of cold water was being poured on the back of my neck. I was amazed that it didn't wake me up, a sensation like that should. I see some artwork nearby and I get up to see it. Then I realize I am in a room and I can move freely. I am LUCID again. Perhaps the cold water DID wake me up in a way.....

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”