Odd lucid experience?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Odd lucid experience?

Postby Finch_Linus » 06 Sep 2014 11:30

I woke up this morning and realised I didn't have to get up for quite a while. I was falling asleep and waking up again fairly regularly. One of the short dreams, I was in my study and people who have never been to my house were there and also some weird music was playing. I think I became lucid or semi-lucid (as I've never been lucid before) and I was able to think consciously (sort of) but not control my actions. I tried to say: 'Clarity now' or something like that but everything faded to black. I woke up and went to sleep again and had a similar experience where I tried to spin instead, which also faded to black. What happened? Why did it fade to black?

Re: Odd lucid experience?

Postby taniaaust1 » 07 Sep 2014 14:46

Spinning is often a sure way of loosing a dream, I suggest never to do it if you are wanting to deepen a dream you've found yourself in as it disconnects one from the dream by taking away the dream senses which help stabilise one into the dream surroundings. Spinning thou can be good if you are deeply in a LD state and wish to change dreams.

With the clarity now, it may be something which dont work well for you, or it was simply a case of your lack of expeirence and the dream becoming too light eg you may of started trying to over think seeing this is a new state for you.

Next time try focusing on your surroundings.

Also if you cant control your dream body, you can still control the dream by getting one of your dream characters to come over and touch you. You do that just by thinking about one of them doing or like telepathically telling one to. DCs touch can help one to stabilise into the dream. I often use them to help stabilise

Better luck next time.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”