I just had my first lucid flying dream!!!- share yours too!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
dreamergirl15

I just had my first lucid flying dream!!!- share yours too!

Postby dreamergirl15 » 07 Sep 2014 20:31

okay so a couple of nights ago I had my first lucid flying dream and I was going to post it on here because it was amazing and the best lucid dream I have had in ages!! Basically I was in this really crowded suburb place, kind of like in the sims 3 but more crowded, it was packed full of houses as far as the eye can see. I don't remember the dream before becoming lucid but when I did realise it was a dream I remember not knowing what to do because I didn't want to waste the experience. I think that waiting and thinking of what to do stabilised my dream because it felt much more real and not like my normal LD's which feel very realistic but at the same time fragile.

Anyway the thought struck me suddenly- flying!! It was something I'd always wanted to do but in my LD's I get distracted and want to talk to people and tell them they're in a dream or just explore. I had only tried once to fly before when lucid but that was when i was 7/8 before I knew what lucid dreaming actually was and when I thought everyone had LD's. I remember that dream was very unstable too and I was unsure if I was in a dream or not so when I started "flying" I just sort of hovered in mid air and then I thought it was reality so lost my lucidity. Come to think of it I have had a lot of dreams where I float or hover to places and I'm so used to the feeling of it that it feels like something i should be able to do in waking life.

But now back to my dream- it was amazing, I wasn't expecting to be able to fly amazingly well but I just put my arms up straight in front of me and took off incredibly fast like 60 mph at least, and then I was soaring over all the houses never once troubled by the thought of falling and it was so realistic- I could feel the wind, see the houses in the exact proportion they should be for how high up I was, I could hear the wind too rushing past me and I remmeber thinking this is just too real, it was amazing! I must have only flown for about 20 seconds before wanting to do something else and feeling a need to be on the ground again but I couldn't get down because it was tricky to steer myself and I was kind of out of control at that point but I wasn't worried because I was still very aware it was a dream so the thought of falling didn't scare me.

Anyway I then tried to change the dream scene instead, I closed my eyes, imagined myself falling and rolling into a new dream body but then I thought when I open my eyes I'll probably be awake. And I was. :(
Still it was amazing- what was your first Lucid flying experience I'd love to read them so please share :) xx

taniaaust1

Re: I just had my first lucid flying dream!!!- share yours t

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Sep 2014 05:01

I think that waiting and thinking of what to do stabilised my dream because it felt much more real and not like my normal LD's which feel very realistic but at the same time fragile.

You were actually lucky not to loose the LD with doing that. When one stands and just thinks, one often disconnects from the dreams surroundings and hence that can make it easier to drop out of a dream (unless you were intensely studying the dream and what you could see while trying to make this decision).

Anyway I then tried to change the dream scene instead, I closed my eyes, imagined myself falling and rolling into a new dream body but then I thought when I open my eyes I'll probably be awake. And I was.

Your thought itself woke you up as if you think of waking up, it makes it far more likely you may. I suggest to not close your eyes to change a dream scene (if your sleep is only light it can also make your physical eye twitch and help wake one up). Instead keep your eyes open and spin (only do this if stable in a dream). Spin till all your surrounding is blurred out and then stop spinning and allow a new surrounding to form. Or another thing you can do is walk throu a door while thinking it is a magic door which will take you to another land.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”