Building a city

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Teresouta

Building a city

Postby Teresouta » 04 Sep 2014 04:18

In my dreams, suddenly, out of nowhere, I would just find myself saying ''wow, I'm dreaming'' without any abnormal thing happening that would make me realize that. Nothing would happen tho, I would imagine myself singing on stage to teleport there, but my dream would continue normaly and I would not move from where I am. I have problems controling my dreams and I have been trying to do that for 4 months now, I spin a lot but it doesn't help. Also I noticed that my lucid dreams would mostly include me being in my room and it being dark, is there a way I could change that? Like for example creating a city where I would "live" for a couple of hours? or will I always have to "rebuilt" it every night?
(sorry for my english, I'm french)

Snaggle

Re: Building a city

Postby Snaggle » 08 Sep 2014 06:46

Yes, one can build a place and return to it again and again.
You have a psychological barrier with dream control. When you're in dreams you're in a theta wave state, and theta wave states are what those under deep hypnosis are in - one can literally alter any element of the dreamscape by just willing it. Try just willing a change of some object in it to start with.

Your English seems beyond basic so far.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 08 Sep 2014 07:06

Easier said than done. Is it just me?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

PKJacker

Postby PKJacker » 09 Sep 2014 03:22

Teresouta wrote:In my dreams, suddenly, out of nowhere, I would just find myself saying ''wow, I'm dreaming'' without any abnormal thing happening that would make me realize that. Nothing would happen tho, I would imagine myself singing on stage to teleport there, but my dream would continue normaly and I would not move from where I am. I have problems controling my dreams and I have been trying to do that for 4 months now, I spin a lot but it doesn't help. Also I noticed that my lucid dreams would mostly include me being in my room and it being dark, is there a way I could change that? Like for example creating a city where I would "live" for a couple of hours? or will I always have to "rebuilt" it every night?
(sorry for my english, I'm french)

It's interesting that you suddenly realize that you are dreaming, it's a nice thing to have if you're aware in that way.

For changing scenes, I find the best way is to clear your mind of the current scene and build the new one, I don't know particularly the difficulty of the task, but a good way to practice that is just meditation to clear your mind and visualizing walking through areas while awake. Once you get that down it just takes a matter of seconds to switch scenes.

I never tried creating an area and revisiting it, but I have heard of lucid dreamers creating an environment that they keep revisiting and I know that I can perfectly recreate certain levels of video games in my head, so it is possible to hold onto the memory of how a dream city is.
Three steps from bliss.

Teresouta

Postby Teresouta » 12 Sep 2014 08:35

Snaggle wrote:Yes, one can build a place and return to it again and again.
You have a psychological barrier with dream control. When you're in dreams you're in a theta wave state, and theta wave states are what those under deep hypnosis are in - one can literally alter any element of the dreamscape by just willing it. Try just willing a change of some object in it to start with.

Your English seems beyond basic so far.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Teresouta

Postby Teresouta » 12 Sep 2014 08:36

HAGART wrote:Easier said than done. Is it just me?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “For Beginners”