Greetings Everyone!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
SaltyPretzel

Greetings Everyone!

Postby SaltyPretzel » 08 Sep 2014 16:33

Hello everybody my name is David. I decided to join this forum to find and share information and have fun with people who have a similar intrests. I hope we can all get along :). So let me tell you about how I find out about lucid dreaming.

Since I was a kid I was always fasinated with super powers and magic which was quite bizzare because I was raised in a highly religious background where any kind of superhuman abilities were demonized. But never the less my fasination continued when I entered my teenage years. The first time I heard about lucid dreaming I was researching somthing from a video game. Im a total nerd :geek: so I like to get into details of things that I had found intresting. My research was about a world called fade from a game Dragon age. This was the world of dreamers where people go when they sleep but are unaware of the fact that they are there however mages can enter it at will and do have awarness when they are inside it. On one of the guys on the forums said that mages are like lucid dreamers then. I never heard that term before and when I dont know somthing I google it :D. I started to gather information about lucid dreaming and became fasinated by it. I was 14 at the time but the problem with me is Im like a fuse. I get excited quickly but I burn out just as quick. One of the problems I had was keeping a dream journal. I did not have a place to store and I didnt want my parents to find it because they would ask questions about it which would probably escalate into a fight ( like I said they dont tolarate any kinds of mind working that goes outside their belief zone).The first lucid dream I had was a false awakining but I been aware that I was dreaming and so I tried to control it. But that resoluted in my vision turning fuzzy like a camera that is off focus. After I woke up I had a headache. My second lucid dream was more sucesfull because this time the my vision was fine and it was a proper dream not a false awakning. I tryied to make things happen in the dream but it failed so i became disheartend and lost my awarness. I had stopped lucid dreaming then.

It has been four years when I had a false awakning again but i realised that i was dreaming really soon. I the dream i woke up and looked outside the window and I had seen that it has already become dark outside which I found strange because I was taking a nap and it was 10 a.m. when I fel asleep so I could not possibly sleep for that long. Byrealising this I became lucid. This time I did not try to control the dream but just interact with thing that are already in it. I foud my phone and I was intrested who would be in my contact list in the dream but my phone kept transforming into a diffrent model so i could not check it. I went outside my room and met a pregnant women but by this time I had unfortunetly woken up. But this expiriance has felt so fantastic that I decided to pick up lucid dreaming again. I have been doing regular reality check for the past five days now and my current goal is to keep a dream journal but I find it difficult because I am really lazy when it comes to getting up never mind getting up straight away and start writing something that I already find difficult to recall :D

Woah i wrote more than i expected :D. Hope i didnt bore you guys to death :)

LucidityMaster

Re: Greetings Everyone!

Postby LucidityMaster » 08 Sep 2014 19:48

Hey David,

Welcome to the forum.

There is a lot of intriguing research on lucid dreaming taking place, and maybe you want to participate?

Just give it some thought.

I am looking forward to hearing your stories.

SaltyPretzel

Postby SaltyPretzel » 08 Sep 2014 22:55

Yea I would love to take part in it. Its a very intresting subject afterall :)

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 08 Sep 2014 23:09

Please choose an induction method if you wish to participate.

Here are some examples:

Types of Methods:
1- Autosuggestion
2- Intention-Reflection
3- MILD
4- WBTB
5- Self Awareness
6-CAT
7- counting technique
8- visualizations
9- 61- Point Relaxation
10- DEILD
11- WBTB + WILD combo
12- SSILD (senses initiation of lucid dreams)

All participants must also complete a 20 question survey.

SaltyPretzel

Postby SaltyPretzel » 08 Sep 2014 23:22

I want to try SSILD since its good for beginers but I cant start it this week because I work very early in the morning so I dont sleep a full cycle.

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 08 Sep 2014 23:24

Did you get my private message? I sent you details about the survey.

SaltyPretzel

Postby SaltyPretzel » 08 Sep 2014 23:26

not yet

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 08 Sep 2014 23:31

The mailing system is messed up here. Want me to send you another one?

SaltyPretzel

Postby SaltyPretzel » 08 Sep 2014 23:32

Yea lets try again

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 08 Sep 2014 23:46

Did you get the second message? Tell me when you've done the survey.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”