silly goose

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
nawick

silly goose

Postby nawick » 05 Sep 2014 15:59

In my dream (9-4-2014) I had somehow arrived at work and was walking up the sidewalk to the main doors.
The trouble with business "campuses" (well, maybe not all of them) is the pseudo-naturalist landscaping with the lake and trees and brambles, which of course means an infestation of Canada Geese.
So one of these fine 3 foot tall creatures waddles up and nips my leg.
It hurt. And it annoyed me. Like in any dream that irks me, I decided to alter things, so I grabbed this goose by the head with both hands and gave it a squeeze to get its attention and thought at it "Stop that and Go Away". I let it go and started for the door, and the thing bit me again! In an instant it was in my grip again, and squeezing it's melon quite hard I said "Vanish, be gone!"
AND IT DIDN'T!
It was flapping its wings, and kicking and was making a fuss when it should have disappeared to wherever dream characters go when you dismiss them.
Bewildered, I let go of it and it hissed at me!
Since the dream had lost all forward momentum, I woke myself up.

That is why I am calling this a non-lucid dream. It wasn't really a vivid dream either though.

This is the first time I have ever willed a dream to change, and had nothing happened. It is very unnerving. I have no idea why I had no control.
"If you believe that you can or if you believe that you can't - you are right." - Henry Ford.

taniaaust1

Re: silly goose

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Sep 2014 08:11

This sounds to me like this was a low level lucid dream seeing you had awareness that your DC (goose) should of vanished, you were aware this was a dream hence why you ended up bewildered due to lack of dream control. Bewildered to the point it woke you up.

I dont really understand why you arent calling this a lucid (is it cause you werent able to control that goose??). It is quite normal not to be able to control everything in a LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

LucidityMaster

Re: silly goose

Postby LucidityMaster » 10 Sep 2014 08:30

Hey Nawick,

The future visualization technique allows you to have 100 percent control over your dreams.

You can practice FVT by first increasing your walking speed - imagine yourself walking already far in the distance. For example, from the perspective of FVT, say you wanted to fly in a lucid dream. Step 1- Concentrate on the FUTURE of the dream. What I mean is, visualize yourself ALREADY high in the air, instead of focusing on changing the solid, realistic PRESENT. Step 2- Act like you are already flying far in the distance- put your arms out superman style, or flap your arms if you want to grow wings. You must vividly imagine yourself FAR IN THE DISTANCE as much as possible.

Confused? Don't worry, I will answer any questions you have.

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”