How do I control my surroundings and fly?

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
chrisanderson

How do I control my surroundings and fly?

Postby chrisanderson » 21 May 2014 21:18

Last night I tried to control my dream and change it. It started to change but it didn't stay that way. Ultimately it went back to the way the dream started out. I tried to fly with my friends but that didn't work out either. I only went so high then fell back to the ground. How do I control my surroundings where they stay and how do I fly at will. Some times when I can fly I can't fly at the end of my dream. I'd like to change that as well.

JonSnowLD

Re: How do I control my surroundings and fly?

Postby JonSnowLD » 03 Jun 2014 14:03

I can't help much with the surroundings but for flying I think everyone has to find their own way to fly-the first few times I had real difficulty steering and I still find it difficult sometimes ;) Just remember its your dream-if you want to fly then don't think about it just fly, the laws of reality are not going to prevent you, it's just a mental block in your mind which you'll overcome in time!

Same with the surroundings I guess, although I haven't really experimented much with changing my surroundings yet-that's still to come for me ;)

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

casey

Postby casey » 03 Jul 2014 05:20

JonSnowLD wrote:I can't help much with the surroundings but for flying I think everyone has to find their own way to fly-the first few times I had real difficulty steering and I still find it difficult sometimes ;) Just remember its your dream-if you want to fly then don't think about it just fly, the laws of reality are not going to prevent you, it's just a mental block in your mind which you'll overcome in time!

Same with the surroundings I guess, although I haven't really experimented much with changing my surroundings yet-that's still to come for me ;)

yeah, what he said

TanyaTheUmbreon

Postby TanyaTheUmbreon » 03 Aug 2014 12:16

To control my surroundings, I found that teleporting always worked well. I 'close' my eyes, imagine that I'm in the place I want to be, then open them. The main thing is to expect it :) I know a friend who likes to conjure doors through which they go through to change their surroundings. As for the flight, I used to have trouble as well, until I spoke to my father about it. He said that to fly it really helps to imagine that you are weightless, as before I had been trying to fly 'with all of my weight'. A few nights ago I had my first lucid dream with free flight when I remembered what he said, so I guess this method works. Still feel the need to do a run up though...
I had a non-lucid dream once where I had papers taped to my arms and I could fly by flapping them like wings, and I managed to fly better than I usually could. Maybe you could try something like that? :P

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 25 Aug 2014 10:30

I have 100 percent control over my lucid dreams using two effective techniques:

MSDT and FVT

MSDT- Manual setting development technique

FVT - Future Visualization technique

MSDT allows you to begin the dream in any setting you want.

FVT is good for basic control such as flying.

If you wish to learn more about these techniques, just ask me.

DJRSXS

Postby DJRSXS » 28 Aug 2014 05:21

TanyaTheUmbreon wrote:To control my surroundings, I found that teleporting always worked well. I 'close' my eyes, imagine that I'm in the place I want to be, then open them. The main thing is to expect it :) I know a friend who likes to conjure doors through which they go through to change their surroundings. As for the flight, I used to have trouble as well, until I spoke to my father about it. He said that to fly it really helps to imagine that you are weightless, as before I had been trying to fly 'with all of my weight'. A few nights ago I had my first lucid dream with free flight when I remembered what he said, so I guess this method works. Still feel the need to do a run up though...
I had a non-lucid dream once where I had papers taped to my arms and I could fly by flapping them like wings, and I managed to fly better than I usually could. Maybe you could try something like that? :P

I also use the technique that your friend uses. When I want a new environment, I just conjure a door, on the other side of that door is where I want to be. Just stop and think about a door that leads to where you want to go, turn or look around and hopefully a door is there, open the door and you're there. :mrgreen:

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 31 Aug 2014 22:01

LucidityMaster wrote:I have 100 percent control over my lucid dreams using two effective techniques:

MSDT and FVT

MSDT- Manual setting development technique

FVT - Future Visualization technique

MSDT allows you to begin the dream in any setting you want.

FVT is good for basic control such as flying.

If you wish to learn more about these techniques, just ask me.

I want to learn more :D Also you can't have 100%control over your dreams? It's impossible.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 08 Sep 2014 06:55

It's not impossible to have 100 percent control over your dreams!

After all, dreams are just a special form of solidified thoughts.

Having had 100 percent control myself, I feel a little insulted that you don't believe me. :cry:

Shakaza

Postby Shakaza » 09 Sep 2014 18:58

LucidityMaster wrote:It's not impossible to have 100 percent control over your dreams!

Having had 100 percent control myself, I feel a little insulted that you don't believe me. :cry:

Having 100% control means having total influence over everything, including the task of maintaining every leaf, blade of grass, cloud, and everything else consciously. Normally, it is a task given to the unconscious mind, since it is what creates everything in dreams normally. If what you say is true, I feel kind of sorry for you, being burdened with such a laborious task, because it would make it difficult to do anything BESIDES maintain the environment.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Sep 2014 08:30

LucidityMaster wrote:It's not impossible to have 100 percent control over your dreams!

"solidfied thoughts"

Yes I agree the items in dreams come from thoughts whether conscious or subconscious but the thing is often the items in dreams can be quite unstable. Even if one creates something in a certain way, turn you back on it and then go and look at it and it could of morphed to something else.

Things in dreams are not "stable" and can unexpectively change.

If you created every part of your dream, it actually wouldnt really be a dream any more but rather a visualisation. A dream is when ones subconsciousness is also doing much of the creating of the whole thing, hence then just like real life, there is no 100% control over it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”