Troubled Waters

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

How Long did it take YOU to have a Lucid Dream?

3 Days
1
7%
1 week
3
20%
1 Month
5
33%
2 Months
1
7%
None of the above *comment, plz*
5
33%
 
Total votes: 15

User avatar
Nektarios-Cat
Posts: 7
Joined: 09 Jan 2012 12:13
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Troubled Waters

Postby Nektarios-Cat » 25 Jan 2012 02:12

Hey, fellow dreamers. I started learning about lucid dreams on the 1st of January. I've been listening to binaural beats, dream journaling, meditating, and dream incubation continuosly this month...and I keep geting no results for lucid dreaming....it's so frustrating! My dreams keep giving me good signs that it's going to or likely to happen soon. " ..but when??" I ask myself. Any more advise can you people help me with by any chance? Like dream herbs that are easyer to obtain than some, or a better sleep position maybe... I'm up for anything!
ImageImage~ When other little girls wanted to be ballet dancers...
I wanted to live in a dream!!

Lucid-Dreamer
Posts: 13
Joined: 18 Jan 2012 23:50

Re: Troubled Waters

Postby Lucid-Dreamer » 25 Jan 2012 03:42

The same thing has been happening to me. Dreaming is always the last thing on my mind when I sleep, then all of a sudden I jolt. It's super annoying. And I also can't breathe well. And then I feel tempted to itch or something. How do I help myself?
"Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives" ~William Dement

User avatar
SarahDank
Posts: 99
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 05:52

Re: Troubled Waters

Postby SarahDank » 27 Jan 2012 10:41

I didn't actually start Lucid dreaming on purpose.
It was accidental when I was about 14. (I'm 20 now)

I was dreaming that I was falling, so I told myself I would fall onto a big pile of soft clothes. & I did.
If you have only just started trying, and studying Lucid dreaming, try not to stress that you are taking too long.
Give yourself some time to adjust to Reality checks and the dream journal etc.

What are the signs you are getting that are telling you that it will most likely happen soon?

User avatar
Nektarios-Cat
Posts: 7
Joined: 09 Jan 2012 12:13
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Troubled Waters

Postby Nektarios-Cat » 01 Feb 2012 03:11

SarahDank wrote:I didn't actually start Lucid dreaming on purpose.
It was accidental when I was about 14. (I'm 20 now)

I was dreaming that I was falling, so I told myself I would fall onto a big pile of soft clothes. & I did.
If you have only just started trying, and studying Lucid dreaming, try not to stress that you are taking too long.
Give yourself some time to adjust to Reality checks and the dream journal etc.

What are the signs you are getting that are telling you that it will most likely happen soon?

_____
Most of the signs are sun light. Weird mythical creatures that I can't even find in books. Mountians and stairs. Their are more but these seem to come in rashes more frequently.
ImageImage~ When other little girls wanted to be ballet dancers...
I wanted to live in a dream!!

User avatar
Nektarios-Cat
Posts: 7
Joined: 09 Jan 2012 12:13
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Troubled Waters

Postby Nektarios-Cat » 01 Feb 2012 03:15

Lucid-Dreamer wrote:The same thing has been happening to me. Dreaming is always the last thing on my mind when I sleep, then all of a sudden I jolt. It's super annoying. And I also can't breathe well. And then I feel tempted to itch or something. How do I help myself?

_____
Have you tried to sleep with your arms over your head? Like sleeping on your back with your arms in that position? I heard that it helps you breath better, giving your lungs more room to expand.
The itching? All I can say is try to ignore it. Nothing much else to say..
ImageImage~ When other little girls wanted to be ballet dancers...
I wanted to live in a dream!!

Snaggle
Posts: 590
Joined: 02 Oct 2011 13:08

Re: Troubled Waters

Postby Snaggle » 01 Feb 2012 03:22

I lucid dreamed spontaneously before I did it intentionally... so it took me no time of trying to lucid dream, but it did take me three attempts to do it intentionally.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

User avatar
jet199
Posts: 14
Joined: 01 Feb 2012 15:03

Re: Troubled Waters

Postby jet199 » 01 Feb 2012 16:36

I used to lucid dream all the time as a child but this deceased as I grew up. I up to the age of 7 I could not always differentiate between dream memories and real memories and that seemed to help with lucid dreaming. It was when I started to consider dreams as unimportant nonsense that I lost the ability to lucid dream and recall my dreams.
In 2010 I started looking into astral projection and it took me 8 months before I had an OBE. When it happened it seemed easy but I still can’t do them “on demand”. I think that I need to stop trying but I’m not sure how.
"The real question is not whether there is life after death. The real question is whether you are alive before death" - Osho

User avatar
SarahDank
Posts: 99
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 05:52

Re: Troubled Waters

Postby SarahDank » 02 Feb 2012 04:14

Nektarios-Cat wrote: Most of the signs are sun light. Weird mythical creatures that I can't even find in books. Mountians and stairs. Their are more but these seem to come in rashes more frequently.


I agree with you then.
I always have mountains and stairs in my dreams. But they are normally in my nightmares, because they are stopping me from getting where I want to go.
And stairs that go straight up and down, without a slant.. they are the worst :shock:

But Keep trying! It seems you are almost there mate! :)

jamjam
Posts: 233
Joined: 21 Sep 2011 22:25

Re: Troubled Waters

Postby jamjam » 02 Feb 2012 23:18

I started when I was like 9! Now I'm lllllcensoredllllll... Now I have them quite often!
Hehehehehehluckymehehehehehe!
jamjam

User avatar
Nektarios-Cat
Posts: 7
Joined: 09 Jan 2012 12:13
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Troubled Waters

Postby Nektarios-Cat » 06 Feb 2012 03:42

jet199 wrote:I used to lucid dream all the time as a child but this deceased as I grew up. I up to the age of 7 I could not always differentiate between dream memories and real memories and that seemed to help with lucid dreaming. It was when I started to consider dreams as unimportant nonsense that I lost the ability to lucid dream and recall my dreams.
In 2010 I started looking into astral projection and it took me 8 months before I had an OBE. When it happened it seemed easy but I still can’t do them “on demand”. I think that I need to stop trying but I’m not sure how.

____
Wow, I don't really know what to say to that...8 months, whew.. that's a looong time. I think I'd go crazy then. lol
ImageImage~ When other little girls wanted to be ballet dancers...
I wanted to live in a dream!!


Return to “For Beginners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests