Questions about WILD

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Dynamo

Questions about WILD

Postby Dynamo » 10 Sep 2014 22:01

Hey guys!

I think MILD technique isn't effective for me anymore and I would rather get a lucid dream on command.
So I did research about the WILD. And I got a few questions:

1) Is it really nescesarry to perform it after 4-6h of sleep? Or can you do it when you go to bed in the evening? I also read when performing it without having slept a bit it could lead to sleep insomnia ( a sleep disorder that you get difficulties to fall asleep?)

2) I read many things and I got confused about the steps. The steps are (correct me if i am wrong):
A) Go to sleep
B) Wake up
C) Then you need to lie down without moving anything
D) You need to visualise your dream scene
F) You pop into the dream scene

But when I tried it, I just fell asleep inmediatly.

3) is there a way to do it without sleep paralysis, or is it less effective then?

Thanks already!

Ebony Wolf

Re: Questions about WILD

Postby Ebony Wolf » 11 Sep 2014 01:16

Hiya.

It is recommended to get a good 4-6 hours of sleep before a WILD. You can try to do one as you go to bed at night, but it will be extremely difficult. I've tried for days on end, but gave up about a week later on trying.

You seem to be doing the steps correctly. Your problem is staying awake. Give yourself a bit of time to wake up before you begin the WILD.

As for doing it without sleep paralysis..I'm pretty sure that puts you in an OBE, but I could be wrong. Somebody correct me on this?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
So..anyone else find new music annoying? I only like older songs. Dat Sinatra. <3

I LOVE YOU. Unless I don't. In which case I do? ..Was that confusing enough?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Sep 2014 05:05

1) Is it really nescesarry to perform it after 4-6h of sleep? Or can you do it when you go to bed in the evening? I also read when performing it without having slept a bit it could lead to sleep insomnia ( a sleep disorder that you get difficulties to fall asleep?)

No, some just find it a lot easier then. If you are falling asleep while trying to do this after trying to do it after 4-6hr sleep. It may mean it will be better for you to do this when not so tired eg afternoon instead

2) I read many things and I got confused about the steps. The steps are (correct me if i am wrong):
A) Go to sleep
B) Wake up
C) Then you need to lie down without moving anything
D) You need to visualise your dream scene
F) You pop into the dream scene

Those can be the taken steps but not at all necessarily so. I think of WILD more in having to get to and pass certain stages and there are many ways to achieve the stages needed for a WILD eg

1. fully body complete relaxation (some may or may not experience sleep paralyses, it isnt important). You may feel like you are floating, heavy or have body numbness or like starting to feel body separation (if one is more prone to OBEs).

2. Fully mentally related. If you are mentally relaxed enough and have the right type of mental relaxation you will get random thoughts starting to flow, daydreaming or images start to occur. (At that point you are almost there).

3. Creating the situation in which one can enter into the WILD, that can be via visualisaton or doing something like I sometimes do (I dont visualise), I sometimes just let myself mentally go at that point as if I was going to go to sleep but instead find myself in the WILD without a break in consciousness or occassionally I'll use an image that came in, to help to pull me into the LD. (so no, visualisation isnt necessary for a WILD but may be used for a WILD).

If you try to WILD and cant, work out what stage you are stuck on and what you can do about achieving that stage. With WILDs I myself think patience may be also necessarily when learning. Give yourself an hour to achieve it. If it doesnt happen in that hour, the take a look at what you could be doing differently to help achieve one.

If you fall asleep within that hour, try it when less tired. ps and no, not all just "pop" into a dream scene. Some like myself often have to PULL MYSELF into one using whatever my subconciousness is bringing up which can help me. So some technique can come into it too. Some though do more commonly just "pop" into a scene.

My own success of WILD depends a lot on finding what I call the "sweet spot", knowing when Im in the right state to WILD (its a subtle feeling, its very easy to miss when one is in the right state) and knowing how to react upon that (at that point I can even roll out into a dream) or by grabbing something from my subconsciousness to ride into the LD on one could say. That may be something as small as a tiny piece of colour image I can see which has appeared or just seeing some shadows and using them to enter a dream scene.

What way is best to do a WILD will depend on the individual, whether they can visualise or not etc etc.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Dynamo

Postby Dynamo » 11 Sep 2014 13:23

Oke thanks!

I tried it after 6 hours of sleep, I started to create a scene (just a tree on a field). But I fell asleep and I was in a different environment. Suddenly while I was walking I just knew I was dreaming, didn't even do a reality check. Most awesome part was, in my previous LD (months ago before I quitted it for a while) I couldn't do anything and only last for about 5 minutes. Now I had a computer against the wall and I could choose what I wanted to do. I was flying, thunder and fire out my hands, spanwed pokemons, took a look at the sky and studied my hand. Really awesome!!

Also I have another question, When you wear an eye patch (sleep mask), is it possible then that you can't see the hallucinations? This is what keeps me from doing it XD

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Sep 2014 08:35

Dynamo wrote:Oke thanks!

I tried it after 6 hours of sleep, I started to create a scene (just a tree on a field). But I fell asleep and I was in a different environment. Suddenly while I was walking I just knew I was dreaming, didn't even do a reality check. Most awesome part was, in my previous LD (months ago before I quitted it for a while) I couldn't do anything and only last for about 5 minutes. Now I had a computer against the wall and I could choose what I wanted to do. I was flying, thunder and fire out my hands, spanwed pokemons, took a look at the sky and studied my hand. Really awesome!!

Also I have another question, When you wear an eye patch (sleep mask), is it possible then that you can't see the hallucinations? This is what keeps me from doing it XD

That's cool you had a good LD experience... :lol: spawned pokemons. Congrats .. and yeah one often doesnt need to do a reality check (only those who dont know if they are in a dream or not).

as to the eye patch.. Halluncinations come from inside of your head. They arent there so you are not truely seeing them with your eyes at all. The only thing which can stop you from seeing them with an eye patch on is due to your own thoughts about it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”