Religion and Politics: Iraqi Crisis

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
nesgirl

Re: Religion and Politics: Iraqi Crisis

Postby nesgirl » 11 Sep 2014 01:32

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:02, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Sep 2014 12:48

The populist Sarah Palin in power? No way. We are talking about demagogic "democracy" here led by a trailer-park mentality.

Palin lacked historical knowledge of her own country as well as political nous. She did not acknowledge the reasons behind Thomas Jefferson's separation of church and state and once blundered that the expression "under God" was introduced in the Declaration of Independence when it actually came into existence in the '50s in the Pledge of Allegiance. I do not believe for one second that this pious twonk would best represent American womankind when she believes Jews are in need of conversion to Christianity and that "gays can be cured."

As for Mitt Romney, the subscriber of Mormonism, don't get me started. Here is a cult founded by the fraudulent, racist, and pro-slavery Joseph Smith - who wanted to be known as the Prophet Muhammad of North America, who encouraged plural marriage and had his underage concubines. Would Romney really be the better option in not knowing better than to associate himself with such hideous group?

Romney is part of the Mormon dynasty - once a missionary and then senior lay official - so the religious influence in his political formation is anything but minor. Romney is, in my opinion, far more contemptible than Obama. Right now, he is probably praying for the posthumous conversion of deceased Yazidis to the Latter Day Saints cult. Voltaire, who wittily said God does not take sides in battles but will favour the fastest gunslinger, would be appalled if he was around today in a parallel universe where the president is Mitt Romney.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 12 Sep 2014 17:08

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:03, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 13 Sep 2014 00:24

I didn't say Mormonism sanctions underage marriages. I said its founder was an unscrupulous man who pretended to be some kind of Messiah and took advantage of many men, women, and children who were all gullible or vulnerable to his chicanery.

I also think you are the one who is getting confused, my dear. Latter-day Saints = Mormon. And dark-skinned people were considered to be inferior by early Mormonism too. Dark skin meant dirty soul.

I also did not say religious people are not serious about politics. In fact, they can be pretty good at creating their own political correctness to further their agenda. In America, an officially atheist president is unheard of. The founders were either deists or agnostics. I would also add that capital punishment is no form of justice either, only a means for revenge. The reasons why capital punishment is unjust and immoral are highlighted in the "free will" topic. I have also not judged you. I merely stated facts about people like Joseph Smith, Sarah Palin, and Mitt Romney. This last individual is the member of a Christian faction that has practically registered the names of Jewish victims who perished in the Holocaust as LDS's in order to make up numbers and apparently, according to the creed, save their souls. To Mormons, the Yazidis who perish in Iraq are, just as the Muslims describe them, unbelievers. They pray to the wrong god and are thus in need of salvation. (This is why I said I could picture Romney praying for their souls.)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 13 Sep 2014 00:53

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:04, edited 2 times in total.
Goodbye forever...

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 13 Sep 2014 01:06

I was referring to Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism. He was a conman who was also arrested prior to his so-called divine "revelation" and he took advantage of many women and girls sexually.

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 13 Sep 2014 01:31

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:04, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 13 Sep 2014 01:58

nesgirl, Joseph Smith had several wives and he had initiated relationships with many of them when they were only young teenagers. Fanny Algiers served him when she was 16 and never actually married him. Another conquest who married him (like many others besides his official wife) was Flora Woodworth. Then we have his youngest wife Helen Mar Kimball, who was only 14 at the time and whom he ordered to marry him or she'd undergo divine punishment.

Authors like Jon Krakauer have delved into the history of Mormonism and recorded what modern Mormon chieftains would not want you to hear. Books like "Under The Banner of Heaven" have all the gory details.

I'm only going to say it one more time: the man I am talking about is Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism and self-proclaimed prophet. (No wonder he aspired to be like Prophet Muhammad, another divine paedophile who had a nine-year-old wife.)

There is no smoke without fire. It's all good to take someone's word for it, like say, Bill Clinton. But then again, Mr. Clinton did lie (semen found on Lewinski's dress) and then we have Paula Jones, Juanita, and a few others who recount uncannily similar stories of rape.

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 13 Sep 2014 02:43

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:05, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 13 Sep 2014 09:46

Shorter lifespans? This was at the time of the Great Awakening, many men and women were already living as we do today. They also had centenarians.

A child is not ready to consent to sex, therefore, it was, in the least, statutory rape. He also threatened them with his big imaginary Mafia boss in the sky if they didn't comply. It was wrong, nesgirl. Men of the Enlightenment who already existed could see this too.

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”