How to Dream share?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Xtreme_Walrus

Re: How to Dream share?

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 10 Jun 2014 00:29

torakrubik wrote:
gleixer wrote:It is all just brain waves and frequencies

Not strictly true, and definitely not proven. Personally I believe what you are proposing is possible, but you are jumping to conclusions here by assuming things that haven't been scientifically verified.

And you know what they say... "Assuming makes an ass out of you and me "
"I woke up in between a memory and a dream" -Tom Petty

tpratt

Postby tpratt » 19 Jun 2014 20:26

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do it. I do believe that it's possible though. Too many people have claimed experiencing it for it to be impossible. I'd love to know how as well. I can tell you from what I've read some people say that it isn't something you can control or choose to do, which I don't entirely believe. Others say that with practice it is easily done.

I've seen a few claims that is done via astral projection, and you must project your "self" into another persons dreamscape. Other accounts say astral and dream planes aren't connected and dream sharing is done by lucid dreaming, visualizing your connection with the other person (to ensure you aren't fabricating a DC), and then creating a dream portal to that person's dream.

These are all only things I've read though. If I accomplish it or find more detailed instruction somewhere I'll post back with it.

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 12 Sep 2014 23:15

The real world functions independently from our desires.

You might want dream sharing to exist, but there is no scientific mechanism supporting this idea.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Sep 2014 10:06

LucidityMaster wrote:The real world functions independently from our desires.

You might want dream sharing to exist, but there is no scientific mechanism supporting this idea.

and there is nothing in science which can completely rule it out either! A lack of scientific evidence, doesnt prove that something doesnt exist.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 13 Sep 2014 11:32

Sigh.....

As a matter of fact, all fields of science demonstrate that dream sharing is impossible.

The brain is where consciousness lies, and it cannot co-exist in two different brains at once.

What is there not to understand?

Or is it simply that you don't want to understand?

Derpybunneh

Postby Derpybunneh » 22 Oct 2014 21:19

I imagine dream sharing being like the internet. The only flaw, it is not possible.
LUCID DREAMS: 5
DREAMS: 9000+

“I believe that one day the Darwinian myth will be ranked the greatest
deceit in the history of science.” Søren Løvtrup

Cloud 9

Postby Cloud 9 » 30 Jan 2015 03:44

LucidityMaster wrote:The brain is where consciousness lies, and it cannot co-exist in two different brains at once.

That has never been proven. Consciousness lies within the mind, which is not synonymous with the brain. I believe this energy transcends time and space. It is tapped into by legit psychics, all over the globe, so why is it so hard to believe you cannot connect it with the person in your bedroom, or whomever.
I will not stop. I will not quit. The universe has no option but to process my request. I am a man possessed.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Jan 2015 12:04

tpratt wrote:I've seen a few claims that is done via astral projection, and you must project your "self" into another persons dreamscape. Other accounts say astral and dream planes aren't connected and dream sharing is done by lucid dreaming, visualizing your connection with the other person (to ensure you aren't fabricating a DC), and then creating a dream portal to that person's dream. .

Thanks. I'd heard of that many years ago and forgot about that astral projection technique of getting into someones dreams. It's something some shamans do. It would be interesting to try some time.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

CarsonCase

Postby CarsonCase » 01 Feb 2015 23:55

I'm by no means an avid lucid dreamer but I have thought about the possibility of dream sharing in the same way that the internet works. And yes it is possible. In fact it might be much closser than you may think. The technology exists to connect two people together over the internet and have them controll each others body with their own brain signals. Since this technology exists there is no boubt that one could use the same technology to transmit their brain signals into anothers when dreaming. Or even to but them into a computer created charachter inside of a "dream server". While this may sound cool this isn't quite lucid dreaming. More like extreeme virtual reality. Also imagine if people got adicted to this dream technology and only wanted to do it instead of praticipate in reality? Also imagine if a hacker got access to this dream server. He could controll everyone's bodies that are connected to it and even kill them. As cool and realistic as it sounds I doubt that it will become a thing withought heavy debate first.

esilemc00

Postby esilemc00 » 02 Feb 2015 18:28

I've had very oddly similar dreams as other people, but not once I don't think I can recall having the SAME dream as someone else. However I do strongly think it is possible. I had a good friend that claims she was having a normal dream and then there was a portal and so she walked through it and was lucid in someone else's dream. And when they both saw each other the next day they both confirmed it, and as I know both of these people well, I know that it is true. Very possible, but probably not easily achieved. I have experimented with this, but all attempts have so far come back unsuccessful. :|

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”