First two Semi-Lucid dreams

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
JDude

First two Semi-Lucid dreams

Postby JDude » 13 Sep 2014 23:21

The first one-
I was standing in my living room, and there was an 80 inch or so TV in there, which there is not in real life. I realized I must be dreaming. After about 10 seconds I woke up from excitement.

The second one-
I was in the backyard of a house my dad said he used to live in. I wanted to go in, but there were people inside. I then thought "How did I get here? I have no idea!" I did a reality check, and failed. I also rubbed my hands together and said "This is all a dream!" but my mom looked at me like I was stupid and said "What are you talking about?" and then talking me into thinking I wasn't dreaming.

Any advice would be much appreciated. :D

PKJacker

Re: First two Semi-Lucid dreams

Postby PKJacker » 13 Sep 2014 23:23

Since it was your first two, that went pretty well except for the failed RC, I guess the only advice there is pick a new RC since the old one doesn't work.

Also once you have more LDs, you will stop getting as excited and losing the dream.
Three steps from bliss.

JDude

Postby JDude » 14 Sep 2014 04:58

Wait, isn't failing the reality check good? I do the one where you press a finger against your hand to see if it goes through. If it does, isn't that failing it, meaning you are not in reality? Because my finger went right through.

PKJacker

Postby PKJacker » 14 Sep 2014 05:41

JDude wrote:Wait, isn't failing the reality check good? I do the one where you press a finger against your hand to see if it goes through. If it does, isn't that failing it, meaning you are not in reality? Because my finger went right through.

Oh sorry, I misunderstood that and thought you mean that the RC said that you were in reality when you actually were not.
Three steps from bliss.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Sep 2014 08:11

:) little terminology issues. Usually when the term "failed" is used for reality check, it means someone tried it and it failed eg acted like it was reality instead of a dream, so hence the person not realising from it that one is dreaming eg one tried to put finger throu hand but the finger didnt go throu so convinced one one wasnt dreaming. So the reality check failed.

I wanted to go in, but there were people inside. I then thought "How did I get here? I have no idea!" I did a reality check, and failed. I also rubbed my hands together and said "This is all a dream!" but my mom looked at me like I was stupid and said "What are you talking about?" and then talking me into thinking I wasn't dreaming.

:lol: word of advice. You cant believe or trust DCs. If you get a reality check show you you are dreaming, do not forget what happened. Dont forget your finger went throu the hand. Use your logical mind and memory to keep in mind this MUST be a dream no matter how real the DCs or other things in it appear. Say to yourself as often as you need to do so "this IS a dream cause my finger went throu my hand!". (Dont redo the check as with redoing them, they often can fail once one starts doubting). Once you have a reality check which shows dreaming, keep it in mind!..

With the first LD you had. Did you do anything to strengthen the LD once you found out you had it? or did you stand there thinking about what to do (that is one way in which can cause a drop out, standing around and not interacting with the dream). Next time after you've done your reality check and found you are dreaming, I suggest to maybe rub your palms together or feel a few things in the dream to help stabilise yourself there.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

JDude

Postby JDude » 14 Sep 2014 17:47

In the first one, I tried to calm myself down by standing and breathing deeply, because I had heard of people getting too excited and waking up. My efforts did not help though, as I woke up anyway.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Sep 2014 06:34

JDude wrote:In the first one, I tried to calm myself down by standing and breathing deeply, because I had heard of people getting too excited and waking up. My efforts did not help though, as I woke up anyway.

The more someone worries about waking up, the more likely one is to do so :) . You need to try to calm down without really thou thinking of it much.

Try to keep interacting with the dream.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Howtolucid

Postby Howtolucid » 12 Oct 2014 19:50

The first dream is normal and if you'd have stayed calm and maybe done a few more reality checks etc you'd have stayed in the dream.

The second one is down to your internal view of the world. You have (on some level) an expectation that your mother doesn't like the idea of you controlling your dreams, or that she thinks it's a load of nonsense.

ON one level, you're a little scared of your mothers thoughts about it and that's what caused you to fail and to not become fully lucid in the second dream.
Visit HowToLucid DOT com for free Lucid Dreaming lessons!

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”