DILD

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Finch_Linus

DILD

Postby Finch_Linus » 13 Sep 2014 19:14

Presumably with Reality Check DILDs, one would turn having reality checks into a habit and then have this habit in a dream, thus making them lucid. I don't see how this will necessarily work, because I bite my fingernails as a habit and I don't do this in dreams.

Finch_Linus

Re: DILD

Postby Finch_Linus » 13 Sep 2014 19:15

And also -- how can I do a RC for situations that are bizarre? My life is normal and therefore I don't have the habit of RCing every time there is a bizarre situation....

PKJacker

Postby PKJacker » 13 Sep 2014 20:28

Pretty much just after every semi strange event in your life, just ask yourself "is this real" then do an RC.

It can be something as simple as questioning two of the same exact color and make cars passing through an intersection, one of the main goals is just to build up your awareness.
Three steps from bliss.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Sep 2014 07:53

If bizarre things rarely happen it doesnt matter as long as you reality check EVERY TIME a bizarre thing in real life happens. That will help program yourself to do a reality check at these times. I think most of us only rarely get bizarre things in life happen.

The last time I had a bizarre thing happen was about 3 weeks ago (but I hadnt had anything for a very long time before that). I was out with family at an outting and when we went to go back to the car, EVERY SINGLE CAR parked down the road was blue. About 13 blue cars all lined up just by chance. Even if you do not get to reality check much at all at bizarre situations in real life, having a strong intent to do so IF anything happens which is bizarre, is enough to help program you to do these checks at bizarre things in dreams where bizarre is more common.

IF you do not reality check every time there is a bizarre thing, this is unlikely to work. You need to carry a strong "intent" always there to do so.

I don't see how this will necessarily work, because I bite my fingernails as a habit and I don't do this in dreams.

Something a person does not do in a dream is much harder to program into dreams and it may well be that you are trying to program something into your dream expression which is actually in symbolism completely against how your own dream expression usually manifests.

eg Biting fingers in a dream is probably a symbolism of someone having nervousness or little worries in life, so if you are not a nervous person in real life or not have anything to be nervous/worrying about, this could well be going against your natural dream expressions, so would be far harder to program to get happening in a dream. (where as someone who is a very nervous person, may well get this happening much easier in a dream).

For things to reality check too other then having the intent to keep programming yourself to check at bizarre things by doing it any time something happens in real life.. I strongly suggest to choose something already in your dreams in which you can also do checks to in daily life to help with the programming to do it during a dream.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”