I Had a Lucid Dream Within a Dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
BrandonQ1995

I Had a Lucid Dream Within a Dream

Postby BrandonQ1995 » 11 Sep 2014 06:20

This is my second lucid dream ever, but this was very much different from the first. I was having a normal dream that I was in school with the teacher doing math problems on the board. I put my head down on the desk I was sitting at and fell asleep within the dream. And it was here, in this dream within a dream, that I realized I was lucid dreaming. This time I was able to control my excitement and instead of trying to fly or have sex with a girl of my dreams as most people end up trying to do, I wanted to feel in the dream. I wanted to actually experience the sensation of touch in the dream, and i began touching the desk, the floor, and other people around me. And even as I walked around the classroom I acknowledged that I can feel my feet pressing against the floor. I don't know why but i decided to walk up to someone sitting at a desk and just the slap em. And I slapped the shit out of him. He gave me a scared look that immediately made me feel bad and suddenly my heart stopped when the thought that maybe this isn't a dream after all came into my head. And it was at that point that I woke back up within the original dream. I was confused, and the teacher walks over to me yelling at me to stop sleeping and pick up a worksheet from her desk. And as I'm walking to the desk, I'm thinking to myself somethings not right. And finally I woke up in my bed. This dream, lucid dream, or whatever it was, was defiantly a first for me. Anyone else had something similar to this before? I'd appreciate the stories...

LucidityMaster

Re: I Had a Lucid Dream Within a Dream

Postby LucidityMaster » 12 Sep 2014 22:57

Yes, this has happened numerous times.

I have dreamt of performing the WILD technique, seeing hypnagogic imagery, or seeing a dream flash in front of my eyes.

This is common for people who are practicing lucid dreaming.

jubiajae

Postby jubiajae » 14 Sep 2014 05:41

HI,

I've also had very similar dream. I tried Googling it before, and they call it false awakening. But like you, I would fall asleep within my dream and go into another dream. Best part, I know I'm dreaming, but I can't control it (I don't practise Lucid dream) but I know I'm dreaming.

The worst one was in a dream, I had a dream and within that dream I also had another dream within that one triple whammy inception style!

I'm not sure about others, but I would have crazy headaches. I tried to wake up from the 3rd inner dream and I did, but I looked around my surroundings and I bite myself, I didn't feel anything and continued to play around, than the headache kicked in and I realised that I was in another dream state, than I force myself to wake up and I did. But something was off about it, and I realised I was still dreaming.

It's difficult for me to have triple dreams with in dreams, but I do have cases of dreaming within a dream. But unlike what Wikipedia say about false awakening, I never do routine things in my dream, quite interesting!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Sep 2014 08:22

He gave me a scared look that immediately made me feel bad and suddenly my heart stopped when the thought that maybe this isn't a dream after all came into my head.

:lol:

Yeah that dream would of been confusing to wake up at a desk after that. Sounds like you had a false awakening into another dream (instead of the usual real life like setting). If you notice any other false awakenings, it would be a good idea to start doing reality checks whenever you first wake up.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Derpybunneh

Postby Derpybunneh » 17 Sep 2014 00:16

LOL. I like the part when you started slapping a guy.
LUCID DREAMS: 5
DREAMS: 9000+

“I believe that one day the Darwinian myth will be ranked the greatest
deceit in the history of science.” Søren Løvtrup

emberfire012

Postby emberfire012 » 17 Nov 2014 20:26

This has happened several times for me. Last night, in a dream, I went to sleep on a couch, and I had a lucid dream in which I just walked out of my old Social Studies class and ran into my current Social Studies teacher, who gave me some very inspiring advice from my subconcious, and I "woke up" on the couch.
Other times it has happened, I false awaken my room, but something's always different. One time, a nightmare figure had come in, and I screamed until I woke up for real. Another time, I "woke up" to 2 girls in my bed.
I would suggest always reality checking after awakening anywhere, so that you automaticallu do it in your dreams.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”