Difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Peter

Re: Difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming?

Postby Peter » 17 Sep 2014 03:26

are you a scientist ?
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 17 Sep 2014 03:38

Peter wrote:you are missing the complete point and this is to allow for all possibilities, as simple as that.

They may not exist, no problem but its so simple to say "they may be right and then just think"

Why is that not open minded, what you accept or believe is fine

I am not missing the point, Peter. I understand what you are trying to say.

OPEN MINDED = (IGNORANCE) ignoring all logic

Summerlander presented a great explanation why a soul can't possibly exist.

By the way, I am not even in my twenties. :D

Peter

Postby Peter » 17 Sep 2014 03:57

so a young scientist - good.

You are also assuming that I believe different to you or oppose your views - how do you know this
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 17 Sep 2014 05:15

Peter wrote:You are also assuming that I believe different to you or oppose your views - how do you know this

Now, you have me confused, Peter. You just tried to explain why a soul might exist.

Clearly, souls don't exist.

Choose a side, Peter.

Are you admitting defeat?

Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

By the way, my job isn't done here yet. I still have to convince you that agnosticism is ridiculous.

You stated that you were agnostic, am I correct?

I am an atheist who is open to ideas, you are agnostic, there's a big difference.

Peter

Postby Peter » 17 Sep 2014 05:42

No, I said from the start that it would only take one fundamental discovery to change views. That is simply what science would call a brute fact.

I never said I agree, disagree or believe anything but said that for the sake of debate try to think of something that would make your beliefs change.

Also I have no idea where the talk of souls came from.

As far as the thread states I think that the common definition of Astral projection and Lucid dreaming are the same. As for real or not I dont know, cant know and it does not affect my practice if I dont label it but really helps me explore without bias

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 17 Sep 2014 10:42

But what about the soul?
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Peter

Postby Peter » 17 Sep 2014 14:32

abstract religious idea, will know when I die until then just wishful thinking

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 17 Sep 2014 16:53

Peter wrote:As for real or not I dont know, cant know and it does not affect my practice if I dont label it but really helps me explore without bias

Face palm......

Emphasis on the phrase 'CAN'T KNOW', as a matter of fact- we DO KNOW, almost definitively, that there is no scientific mechanism that can support the existence of a soul.

Peter wrote:abstract religious idea, will know when I die until then just wishful thinking

This is an absurd argument. When we die, we will be unconscious and unable to know anything.

Besides, would you really want to wait that long until your logical side kicks in, and you say 'There is no soul'?

Of course, we will be unconscious, so your logical side won't even kick in then.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 17 Sep 2014 18:03

Exactly. Dead means dead. You go back to the state you were in before you were born: nonexistence.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Peter

Postby Peter » 17 Sep 2014 20:25

I really dont get this, its meant to be a debate and all I get is one line very closed replies that dont address the core comment. I understand why but thats not my issue, you seen to put me in a box for your own comfort and are unable to reply to what is being said.

You claim to be a lucid master, at 20 thats not possible and how some mind blowing experiences related to dreaming
You said you are a scientist, again at 20 possible but probable, not really

If all you want is to argue and put out one line statements then please dont bother and its not productive and people are not posting anymore

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”