I keep having the same type of lucid dream.

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
newmoneyva

I keep having the same type of lucid dream.

Postby newmoneyva » 10 Sep 2014 10:35

I keep having dreams of me being in a well lit area and ahead of me are some stairs that lead to complete darkness. Sometimes there will be some demon looking figure standing there telling me to go down into the darkness. I never go, but this is a dream that I have all off the time, what could this mean?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

jasmine2

Re: I keep having the same type of lucid dream.

Postby jasmine2 » 10 Sep 2014 23:18

It seems like your dreaming mind for some reason wants you to have this type of encounter, perhaps to learn something from it. If the dark area down the stairs and the demon seem too scary, maybe before you go to sleep, you could imagine a similar dream with some modifications.

Perhaps you could try to interest the demon in joining in a kind of spontaneous Snoopy dog dance. Then, if he gets a little friendlier, imagine that you both have powerful flash lights and cave explorer head lamps. Before you venture down the stairs, visualize that the area below gets a little bit lighter, and your dark companion might actually turn into a brave helper. If he doesn't get friendlier, tell him in a commanding voice to buzz off, or you can manifest a muscular dream body and engage the critter in a world class wresting match.

When you do face the stairs, you could think, "Well, I'm not sure what king of challenges I might find at the bottom of these stairs, but whatever happens, I hope it's interesting."

Whatever - Just play with your imagination to boost your "Magic Hero Adventurer" attitude and energy.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Sep 2014 05:30

The demon I'd think is one of your own "inner demons" one could say. Stuff buried deep within your unconsciousness (hence darkness downstairs). Stuff there often can be scary. While you remain scared to take a look, this will probably stay. I suggest to confront the demon and ask him what he has to teach you.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 13 Sep 2014 06:56

Sorry, but dream interpretation is a pseudo-science.

You will not become significantly better or happier if you interpret your dreams.

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 17 Sep 2014 00:14

LucidityMaster wrote:Sorry, but dream interpretation is a pseudo-science.

You will not become significantly better or happier if you interpret your dreams.

If you believe this then there is no need to visit this section of the forum. Let the other members discuss their dreams without interfering please!
Dreaming is my drug

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 17 Sep 2014 05:22

With all due respect, my friend Torakrubik the moderator, there is no crime in presenting the scientific evidence and allowing the creator of the post to choose a side.

Rather, it would be 'inconsiderate of me' to not say anything, and allow them to believe their delusions.

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 17 Sep 2014 17:05

With all due respect, my friend Torakrubik the moderator, there is no crime in presenting the scientific evidence and allowing the creator of the post to choose a side.

Rather, it would be 'inconsiderate of me' to not say anything, and allow them to believe their delusions

I am beginning to get to much of people who think they know all. I wish Peter would see that LucidityMaster is one of them driving people away from Rebecca's Website, Insisting that that only he and a few others are right. What is wrong to say " In my opinion " :)

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 17 Sep 2014 17:22

erichsa wrote: What is wrong to say " In my opinion " :)

If I said 'in my opinion' I would be telling a lie, erichsa.

It's not just an opinion, it's a view supported by a wealth of scientific evidence.

By the way, grammar mistakes annoy me. Could you please fix your grammar errors? I am a perfectionist. :D

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 17 Sep 2014 17:47

If I said 'in my opinion' I would be telling a lie, erichsa.

It's not just an opinion, it's a view supported by a wealth of scientific evidence.

It is your opinion supported by what you believe is a wealth of scientific evidence, and of course scientists have never being wrong. :)
Perhaps I should write in german I will make less grammar mistakes. :)

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 17 Sep 2014 17:50

Wait a minute, you're German? That's awesome, I am half German.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”