hi from Kansas

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.

hi from Kansas

Postby jlb1956 » 18 Sep 2014 04:47

I have been interested in lucid dreaming for around 30 years, but have only experienced very sporadic success with having lucid dreams. I have an extremely active dream life--if I'm sleeping-I'm dreaming--unless I'm extremely tired, sick, or in a strange place. In my dreams I am hyper-creative--I have written entire books, short stories, plays, songs, complex piano pieces, I have painted fantastic works of art--but when I awaken I can only remember fragments of what I dreamt. I have been trying unsuccessfully to use lucid dreaming as a way to not only control my creative dreams but to help me manifest what I dream in this aspect of life. I have had some great lucid dreams when they occur, which could be only 2 or 3 times in a year, but I have had little control of the dream. Usually when I go lucid I start touching everything--the walls, the grass, etc. because it seems so incredibly real--I have been certain in some of my ld's that I was at an actual place. But I get so caught up in how startling real everything seems, that I don't move beyond this. I am trying to immerse myself in the literature, etc. in hopes of moving forward--I believe we all are capable of far greater things in this life. I welcome any advice, suggestions, encouragement, whatever!!

Re: hi from Kansas

Postby jasmine2 » 23 Sep 2014 23:29

Jib1956, welcome to the forum. In addition to the good lucid dreaming resources here on Rebecca's website, I also recommend these interesting and informative websites -

- Lucid Dreaming Experience - www.dreaminglucid.com

- Robert Moss Blog - www.mossdreams.com

Return to “Introduce Yourself”