Confusing lucid dream OBE

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Oti

Confusing lucid dream OBE

Postby Oti » 18 Sep 2014 14:20

I had my first somewhat lucid dream. I was in my bed vibrating ( But I read somewhere else that it means an OBE) I got up from my bed and went into the bathroom and my face was disfigured in the mirror( But I wasn't scared I don't know why)I left the bathroom and into my living room and saw a model and stood next to her. After about 5seconds, the dream or OBE faded away and I woke up. During the dream I also felt limited.

So was that a lucid dream or OBE? What exactly was that? Why did it fade away?

torakrubik

Re: Confusing lucid dream OBE

Postby torakrubik » 19 Sep 2014 01:07

It sounds like you had a WILD, but I don't personally distinguish OBEs and LDs. As this was your first LD, it can be unstable. Are you sure you realised you were dreaming?
Dreaming is my drug

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 19 Sep 2014 04:42

Vibrating is a dream sign inspired by the onset of REM muscle atonia, neither lucid dreams or OBE are necessarily associated with it. OBE don't need to happen while sleeping, so are not the same as LD.
If you knew you were dreaming it was a lucid dream.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 19 Sep 2014 05:18

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 05:21, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Oti

Postby Oti » 19 Sep 2014 14:10

torakrubik wrote:It sounds like you had a WILD, but I don't personally distinguish OBEs and LDs. As this was your first LD, it can be unstable. Are you sure you realised you were dreaming?

I'm sure I was aware, I observed my palms and counted my fingers as a reality check and had six fingers

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 19 Sep 2014 19:13

I have similar experiences. I usually say that i have OBE-like WILDs. On my first WILDs, a year ago, i felt the vibrations and then i popped in a dream, in a whole new environment. But now, all of my WILDs start in my bed. I'm conscious all the way: from the beginning when i'm just lying in my bed, to feeling the vibrations, buzzing sounds and slowly detaching from by body and getting out of bed (which sometimes can be a hard task).

Return to “For Beginners”