An important discussion we need to have - PLEASE READ!

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Goldkoron

An important discussion we need to have - PLEASE READ!

Postby Goldkoron » 17 Sep 2014 20:23

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.

Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged. Personal attacks, profanity, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Use the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is taken from the forum rules. I believe that that rule paragraph can easily be bent which is why people are getting away with harassing people on this forum. I am getting fed up with all the conflicts being started by several members on this forum, and they do not seem to be aware that they are embarrassing the WOLD community and giving it a bad reputation.

Lucid dreaming is a mysterious art for many, and sometimes people like to believe in fantasy. Whether it is scientific or not, these people should just be left alone, it's like telling a kid that Santa Claus is not real! The forum rules completely allow for discussion and disagreement, but some members are just following other members into different topics in order to disagree with them.

RULE 8: We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.

The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Following this rule, I believe the moderators have the right to add and make changes to some rules. For instance, disallowing harassment of members for their grammar and spelling for instance, which has been a problem both now and in the past. Another rule should be to disallow any blatant and hate comments saying "This is not scientifically possible" in the Paranormal Activity and Dream Interpretation sub forums.

Is nobody else bothered by the hate and mafia-like attitudes lately where people gang up on innocent people asking about anything paranormal? I believe that if you are someone who is atheist and respects logic and what is scientifically proven over all else, you should be above attacking anything that is against your beliefs. I am agnostic because I hate all the conflict and rage that religion causes, and many stop following religion because it is a hassle. However, atheists are bringing that same conflict and hate, but just without the god in the package.

Disclaimer: I am not a major in Writing.
Do a reality check

LucidityMaster

Re: An important discussion we need to have - PLEASE READ!

Postby LucidityMaster » 17 Sep 2014 20:53

Yes, I believe hatred and discrimination is wrong. However, I don't believe that the spread of scientific evidence is a form of hatred.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 17 Sep 2014 21:00

I concur. :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 18 Sep 2014 16:20

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 05:29, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 18 Sep 2014 18:34

thanatophobia is a fear of death, not fear of the undead.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 18 Sep 2014 20:46

Summerlander wrote:thanatophobia is a fear of death, not fear of the undead.

I looked this up and discovered the same. I am confused too, unless she is mistaking her phobia for something else.
Do a reality check

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 18 Sep 2014 21:36

I don't know what she is on about but LucidityMaster certainly wasn't phobic about pseudoscience and New Age stuff. He was just tired of reading what he didn't agree with and tried to enlighten people (but perhaps not using the right approach). But deep down I think he enjoyed coming across as a know-it-all. 8-)

- Padmasambhava

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 18 Sep 2014 22:38

Haha..."deep down".

You have been there too Summer, I see you taking great delight in telling people the concept of Free Will doesn't make sense in itself.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 19 Sep 2014 00:35

Yeah. I couldn't help myself. I felt compelled to do it. My will wasn't free so I couldn't keep my mouth shut. ;-)

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 19 Sep 2014 00:36

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 05:29, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Return to “Off-Topic”