Saving my friend Connor

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

Saving my friend Connor

Postby Summerlander » 02 Feb 2012 18:06

Hi, everyone.

I'd like to share my thoughts with you about the current situation. I've had the privilege to meet and befriend Sarah, Ricky and their lovely children. Their four-year-old son Connor is a lovely boy that my children have played with. He was also my daughter's first kiss.

At the beginning of this year, Connor was diagnosed with high-risk stage 4 neuroblastoma. It is a rare and aggressive type of cancer. I couldn't tell you how shocked me and my wife were when we found out. He's got 30% chance of survival but there is a treatment in America that will increase his chances by 25%. It costs a quarter of a million pounds and we have to raise this money within 9 months. The link I've provided will give you the opportunity to see how well the fund is doing and you can donate if you want. Every donation counts. It is for a great cause and it is money well spent. Very well spent if you ask me. You can make a difference. We need all the help we can get.

I will do everything I can in my power to give Connor the chance he deserves to have a great life. A life that will give him the opportunity to become my son-in-law if he wants to. Money doesn't matter to me. Life is more important. Now is the time for people to come together, set their personal desires aside and make sure that money goes where it is desperately required. People like to go about their business and have their wants fulfilled all the time. That's fine. But it is not much to ask to donate. You can sacrifice less than a year in helping Connor. You feel like getting a take-away? There's your opportunity to donate for Connor. Want to go to the cinema? Connor. want to go to Disneyland? Connor. I don't know about you but that's how I'm conducting myself this year. I want to know that we are doing all we can. When this nightmare is over then I can start thinking about going on holidays. Right now, Connor is a priority. If I could swap with him, I would in a jiffy. He represents the future. I've had a life. I'm much older than he is. He deserves much more. Please donate. Please!
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”