off topic

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
nawick

Re: off topic

Postby nawick » 11 Aug 2014 16:07

So, the middle me is not there, but might just be pretending not to be there.
Last night, instead of the conscious me watching the me in the dream, it was the me in the dream watching TV. But the TV was getting spammed with these scenes from some marathon in San Marino. Like anybody would care! It must have tweaked my annoyance factor because I willed myself through the TV and into the race. Altering the dream, I sprinted past everyone and got the race over with so they would quit interrupting the program (no idea now what we were watching). I got back to the living room and a friend pointed to the TV and said "LOOK! They got your name wrong!". So I made myself wake up, but didn't have another dream, or at least I can not remember dreaming.

So I don't know if this is Vivid dreaming or Lucid dreaming or what.
"If you believe that you can or if you believe that you can't - you are right." - Henry Ford.

nawick

Postby nawick » 15 Aug 2014 15:52

Thank YOU Snaggle!
I had a vivid dream!
We were driving down a mountain road out in Montana. They called it Lolo Pass or something. There were a bunch of inconsiderate drivers going too fast and passing in the no passing zone, even though it was snowing very heavily. A car passed us too close and the guy who was driving our car swerved to the very edge of the road. There was no guardrail! The car that passed had a head on collision with another car, causing an oncoming semi truck to swerve into our lane. It hit us and both vehicles went over the edge and crashed 2000 feet below.
And it was so real, I didn't event think of changing anything. It was like it was actually happening. It never entered my mind to change channels or fly away!

very cool.
Now if I can only do this whenever I want.
"If you believe that you can or if you believe that you can't - you are right." - Henry Ford.

nawick

Postby nawick » 19 Aug 2014 18:41

Grumble.
I say unto thee GRUMBLE.

No vivid dreams, or at least I can not remember any.
Looks like it's back to normal.

Still not able to visualize. Maybe blending veggies for 2 of my 3 meals a day isn't good enough nutrition, even with supplements.

nawick

Postby nawick » 21 Sep 2014 18:43

Hey Snaggle,
Thanks for the assistance.
I am having vivid dreams now! sometimes as many as 5 a week.
I remember about a third of them.
In this one I was flying over the state fair, but my shadow showed that my body had huge wings like an eagle and a scythe. I was a few hundred feet up flying over the crowds. And I was mumbling "You" ... "And you"..."you" and every person I pointed at crumpled to the ground, dead. After I picked 6 people I woke up. THE Angel of Death! It was like megalomania. How cool is that.
Yeah, they are usually short dreams and quite often morph into weirdness or nonsense.
But that just means I don't realize I am dreaming otherwise I would control them.And they are always, always in the first person.
With the rest of my dreams each night I still know I am dreaming and modify my dreams or start a different one, but that's how its always been.
But "telling the observers to go away" works, and hopefully someday every dream will be new and fresh and surprising. (No, I don't think that will ever happen, but hey, I can hope.)

Have the best day you are allowed to have.

Return to “Off-Topic”