Connecting Dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
nessa11

Connecting Dreams

Postby nessa11 » 21 Sep 2014 03:05

I came up with this idea of connecting dreams from the night before to the dreams that happen the night afterwards. I just started doing it and it seems interesting so far. I have been curious has anyone here tried the same thing? Do your dreams ever continue from one night to the next?

HAGART

Re: Connecting Dreams

Postby HAGART » 21 Sep 2014 06:50

Recurring dreams are common, so of course it's possible.

I personally, haven't had a continuation of a dream a night later, but have had many similar dreams in the same night with a similar scene, plot and characters. So I think it's certainly possible if you try. I don't see why not?

You said, you just started doing it, and look forward to hearing your method, and results. I wouldn't mind reliving a few of my past dreams! 8-)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 22 Sep 2014 00:44

I've had recurring dreams, but sometimes the later versions are longer with extra bits so I guess that's sort of connected :P
Dreaming is my drug

nessa11

Postby nessa11 » 22 Sep 2014 22:08

I've been trying to connect my dreams from one night to the next for the past 3 days. It's not working though lol. The first two nights I was aware I was dreaming in the dream, but had no thoughts about past dreams or how they were connecting to what was happening in the current dream. Last night I wasn't even aware that I was dreaming.

I just had an interesting thought! Let's pretend that right now as I'm typing, this is a dream. What if I started connecting my past dreams to the events that are happening right at this moment while awake? Starting to make the connections right now might make it more automatic for the mind to try to connect dreams together, and eventually maybe the plots in different dreams will begin to merge together

What do you think?

buildit

Postby buildit » 23 Sep 2014 04:34

Yes, it usually occurs when there is a central topic or theme to the dream that interests me. Like learning a new physical activity. When I was in martial arts I often spent a lot of time practicing in my dreams as it made the move more automatic in real life. Works great for studying school topics too. :roll:
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”