Long time dreamer first time poster

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
buildit

Long time dreamer first time poster

Postby buildit » 23 Sep 2014 04:28

So I'm sure it sounds ironic but I was unaware till this evening others were capable of controlling their dreams. More ironic it was because the new TV show </scorpion> mentioned it that I searched the lucid dreaming pheromone. I started controlling my dreams as a kid because I had very bad nightmares, some of which continued past my waking up screaming. It was painful mentally and being the child of "pick yourself up" type parents I was left to my own devices.
So I learned to control the characters and environment of my dreams. At first it was a auto response to being attacked in my dreams where I could just freeze the event and get away. It didn't take long before I increased this to the ability to change all aspects, control, form empathic links to characters and even exit the environment and manipulate it from outside as a uninvolved onlooker with a avatar inside the environment in my place allowing the events to continue. Not sure how to describe some of what i can do now as it involves some sensory control, but it's not something I "work at" or practice.
I'm interested to see how others have exercised this unique ability. ;)
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

jasmine2

Re: Long time dreamer first time poster

Postby jasmine2 » 23 Sep 2014 23:15

Buildit, welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have discovered and developed a lot of useful dreaming skills, including creative ways to deal with emotional challenges. I hope you will share more of your insights with forum readers.

buildit

Postby buildit » 24 Sep 2014 02:59

Thanks, it may take a while for me to figure out what others are doing vs what I can do. I'm afraid describing much of what I do has been hard and near impossible for me to explain to friends and family. That's why it is so exciting to find others who can also control dreams.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 24 Sep 2014 03:18

Dang build it you sound like a master lucid dreamer based on your explanation of being outside the dream scenario and controlling the aspects whilst outside. Very interesting description. Have you ever directly faced your fears in a dream to try to get past those fears?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

buildit

Postby buildit » 24 Sep 2014 03:29

dreamstudent wrote:Dang build it you sound like a master lucid dreamer based on your explanation of being outside the dream scenario and controlling the aspects whilst outside. Very interesting description. Have you ever directly faced your fears in a dream to try to get past those fears?

Thanks for the complement. Yes, that was one of the first things I did as a kid overcoming my nightmares. At the time I didn't really psychoanalyze it but as I became more comfortable controlling things I became braver about confronting the demons in my mind. I think the starting point for me was just being able to stop my attackers. Realizing I was controlling the dream and could edit or rewind it came later. It figures that last night I didn't dream at all. :roll: Can't wait to read more about some others peoples experiences and questions. :mrgreen:

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 24 Sep 2014 03:43

Do you generally mean fears by demons or was that specifically a fear of yours?

buildit

Postby buildit » 24 Sep 2014 04:48

dreamstudent wrote:Do you generally mean fears by demons or was that specifically a fear of yours?

Demons as in the psychological boogeyman we can harbor in our minds, not actual evil beings from hell. ;)

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 24 Sep 2014 20:34

Oh okay thank you I'm new to forum and have been lucid dreaming for about a year could you recommend some stuff to me so I can get over my psychological boogeymen? Do I call out the fear in a dream like yell it out in the dream and say face me or what?

buildit

Postby buildit » 24 Sep 2014 22:45

dreamstudent wrote:Oh okay thank you I'm new to forum and have been lucid dreaming for about a year could you recommend some stuff to me so I can get over my psychological boogeymen? Do I call out the fear in a dream like yell it out in the dream and say face me or what?

Hard to tell, I'm not a psychologist but for me it was a matter of showing myself I had power over them. They would find and attack me, all I wanted to do was run away and the panic would wake me up. So once I began controlling my dreams I would freeze them and hold them that way. The act of having that sort of power over them built up my confidence over time to where I would "Peter Pan" them (fly around and poke them). :lol: I also started dissecting them once, know what? They were inanimate objects like clay or a statue.
So basically just work on controlling them by freezing them. ;)

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 25 Sep 2014 04:36

That's very interesting about the dissection and seeing clay within. But makes complete sense!! Are you fearless now? What if the fear isn't exactly an object. For example what if someone feared 'being posessed' and had a lucid nightmare where that happened. Would you call the thing out first like 'show yourself!' Then freeze time and get over the fear via your way. I know your not a psychologist but I value your opinion because I feel you have insight worth while. (On a side note but still related to the topic I had an LD in which I stopped time, however, it wasnt from fear. It went like this: i get done flying (I'm already lucid) I land on a road and start walking down it but it's curvey so I cannot see all the way to the end of the road. There is a cloud shaped like an elephant with thunder in it. I see a car coming rather fast and jump up so it doesn't hit me. What I didn't know is there was a car directly behind it by a few car-lengths and I was shocked and jumped as fast as I could as it was partially under me time slowed down and stopped whilst I was in the air above the rest car from the future. Never have I seen a vehicle like this but that's not the point. The point is that was one of my very first LD s and the only time I've ever experienced time halt completely). I specifically want to know what you would do about the fear I explained above, if it was yours let's say? Your a dreamer and that's why I want your opinion?

Return to “Introduce Yourself”