How can I change the plot (storyline)?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

How can I change the plot (storyline)?

Postby Alien874 » 24 Sep 2014 20:38

Sometimes when I become lucid I am not in a dream plot that I like. Lets say I become lucid while I was dreaming I was working at school or eating at home, that kind of plots. How can I be in a different plot? How can I change the scenery and at the same time when I appear there a certain plot is taking place?. With SSILD I usually start in my bedroom at night time, then I want to be in a car chase or fight against Agent Smith in a city while it is raining like in the Matrix.
Look at your hands

Re: How can I change the plot (storyline)?

Postby torakrubik » 25 Sep 2014 02:47

This can easily be done using intention. Just imagine the way you want the story to unfold, and it will do so. Don't worry about the details, just intend for the plot to go the way you wish and it will :)
Dreaming is my drug

Re: How can I change the plot (storyline)?

Postby dreamstudent » 26 Sep 2014 19:23

To change plot it is as simple as setting change. Let me first describe an example of which I have changed the setting.

Setting change Lucid Dream:
I fall into a dark puddle that turns out to be very deep and dark similar to an ocean, I am uncomfortable in this place breathing in and out a fluid feels strange. I think I don't want to be here anymore (without even thinking I want to change the setting, I just thought I don't like this place its "uncomfortable for me"), then all of the sudden a few feet away I see an all black window. I float/swim to the window and touch it slightly with my hand as the first portion of skin from a finger touches the glass the window shatters. As the water spills through the image becomes clear, its a Chinese town. I step out its beautiful and sunny no wind at all.... to be continued.

Alright so that's an example of setting change so if you want your plot to change just look for a wait out. If you see a door whilst your in your normal boring plot, just think: "I want to be out of here in a new place" and just know that when you open the door you will be in a new place with your own plot to manipulate and bend to whatever you have the imagination to create.

Try it and let me know if this works.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”