Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Alexandru

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Alexandru » 16 Sep 2014 18:27

I have some questions :

1. I am doing reality checks everyday(15-20 / day) and I have 7 dreams in my journal ( not very detaliated ).
When I remember my dream in the morning or when I wake up in the night I write it and I realize in dreamworld I just forget to do RCs . What's the problem? Am I doing reality checks wrong or I should wait and continue to do this until I will succeed ?

2. Is it possible to not dream when you go to sleep in a bad mood? Yesterday I was in a pretty bad mood and I woke up in the night only one time without remember any dream and in the morning too .

3. Did you can to tell me some tips to make my reality checks more efficiently ?

4. For three days I recalled no dream, What could be the cause?

Ps : Sorry for my bad English.

Thank you very much.
Last edited by Alexandru on 20 Sep 2014 09:00, edited 1 time in total.

Oti

Postby Oti » 18 Sep 2014 14:25

I had my first somewhat lucid dream. I was in my bed vibrating ( But I read somewhere else that it means an OBE) I got up from my bed and went into the bathroom and my face was disfigured in the mirror( But I wasn't scared I don't know why)I left the bathroom and into my living room and saw a model and stood next to her for like 5 seconds then the dream faded away and I woke up. I also felt limited during the dream.

So what exactly was this? and OBE or a lucid dream?

PKJacker

Postby PKJacker » 20 Sep 2014 19:26

Does being on the computer throughout most of the day effect your lucid dreaming ability? For instance I do reality checks whilst I'm using it but does this hinder the ability to lucid dream at all? I did try looking around on the internet for the answer to this but I couldn't really find one?

I find that it lessens my chance for an LD just because it takes a lot of my attention away from the rest of the world during the day, so I'm not as aware during the night.

It could be different for others though.
Three steps from bliss.

Peter

Postby Peter » 21 Sep 2014 00:37

No, I spend up to 8 hours a day at a computer and up to 3 hours of that between 1am and 4 am and no issues.

Its a extremely strong belief that makes the difference
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

superfly9

My Dream Characters Keep Waking Me Up??

Postby superfly9 » 23 Sep 2014 05:24

I'm fairly new to actually gaining control in my LD dreams even though I've been having them years, and I've only just found this website and been trying some techniques, But about the actual DC's .. I can Interact with them without talking.. But usually any verbal exchange leads to them waking me up, say for instance last night a guy stabbed me in the thumb with a knife cos I asked him a question.. and woke up feeling pain in thumb, and then in another dream wen I asked a girl her name and she replied.. You don't belong here.. then yelled at me in the face WAKE UP!@!@! , and I did :( I did have a helpful DC called John who popped up in a few separate dreams last night and explained to me that he was there to help.. but he didn't do much of that lol :lol:

buildit

Postby buildit » 23 Sep 2014 06:20

So I don't understand some terminology. What are people representing as dream characters? I've never conversed with the actors I have in my dreams other than in some subliminal dialogue that's scripted by me. Is this an attempt to allow the subliminal mind to express itself as in normal dreams? If so it could be fun! Long time since I didn't control everything. Actually it might be hard not to control things now. :?
What else do/ could DC's represent for people?
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

immebutdreaming

Postby immebutdreaming » 25 Sep 2014 02:35

i was trying to enter paralysis and lucid dreaming for one of the first times tonight,using a roll signal technique and dream triggers i felt the paralysis come on my spine and my eyes felt glued,pause breathing interrupted sleep breathing and muscle twitching was not helping so i did up and down eye movements,this helped the darkness in my closed eyes was getting blacker and deeper and then suddenly a quite scary face appeared in the darkness saying "you're going to regret this" i was startled and open my eyes ruining the state and scaring myself... any helpful tips?

elandow13

Postby elandow13 » 26 Sep 2014 13:26

Last night was my first night hearing about, and attempting lucid dreaming. I laid in my bed for an hour just breathing and thinking about breathing, but other than feeling like I was spinning for about a minute, I felt nothing, and when I fell asleep I didnt dream. Is there any specific way I should sleep in order to lucid dream? Should I sleep on my back? Do I have to be really tired?

PKJacker

Postby PKJacker » 26 Sep 2014 17:59

Quote:
suddenly a quite scary face appeared in the darkness saying "you're going to regret this" i was startled and open my eyes ruining the state and scaring myself... any helpful tips?
End quote:

The only advice I would give is just to try again, and don't dwell on the face too much.
You can do an immunity to shock training so that you don't have a reaction to the sudden scary face, or you can learn how to further control your thoughts and just prevent the scary face idea from ever forming, but both of those things take time and patience to do.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Three steps from bliss.

Alexandru

Postby Alexandru » 12 Oct 2014 19:38

How I can improve my Reality Checks?

Return to “For Beginners”