Worst Pain Felt In LD That Didn't Wake You?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
superfly9

Worst Pain Felt In LD That Didn't Wake You?

Postby superfly9 » 25 Sep 2014 02:03

I'm only new to stabilizing my Lucid Dreams and I've found that most of the time anything towards Pain or the Shock factor in a dream is enough to wake you instantly.. But the other night I found myself in a situation I had never encountered.. Pain.. But staying in the dream.

Scenario was, I joined my dream in a shopping mall like setting just walking along with many dream characters wandering around.., Too many for my liking as my recent encounters with them had been lets just say.. not so good, So i found a door which led outside to an empty car park, massive like a few hundred meters across, And I thought I would see if I could fly across to the other side, I got up to a decent height and proceeded slowly and then increasing in speed.. I was so excited cos it was the 1st time it worked properly for me.., Well That is until I started coming down.. But I then noticed a guy was holding onto my legs.. I was kicking him in the face and shouting at him.. but nothing, I tried spinning.. nothing, And I just read about this happening to a guy on here that night.. damn brain must have remembered, but he got out of it. I wasn't so lucky.

I hit the ground back first.. I slid along the ground on this gravel stuff for a good 10secs and the pain was really bad.. the whole time it was just going I was just thinking.. Omg.. When am I going to stop sliding.., I finally did and the guy let go, I said thanx for that.. he smiled and walked off :?

I was then left sitting on the ground where I picked up a piece of the gravel and rubbed it between my fingers and it felt so real and I was torn.. I was happy that everything felt so real.. the sliding.. the pain.. the gravel.. but wasn't to happy to think It could happen again or maybe even to have to endure a worse pain than that..

So what's the worst pain have you had that never woke you?

buildit

Re: Worst Pain Felt In LD That Didn't Wake You?

Postby buildit » 25 Sep 2014 02:31

Never had pain in a dream because if anything bad was going to happen to me I'd freeze everything and rewind or reset things. In light that I am still sort of unfamiliar with the experiences of others, if this was a lucid dream wouldn't you control your attacker and avoid the pain? Without the control factor this seems to more closely resemble a normal dream where you are out of control.
Hope someone can clarify this and answer your question. :)
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

immebutdreaming

Postby immebutdreaming » 25 Sep 2014 02:42

A zombie bit me and it was very real and intense but i have felt nothing like yours if that helps :)

superfly9

Postby superfly9 » 25 Sep 2014 02:53

buildit wrote:Never had pain in a dream because if anything bad was going to happen to me I'd freeze everything and rewind or reset things. In light that I am still sort of unfamiliar with the experiences of others, if this was a lucid dream wouldn't you control your attacker and avoid the pain? Without the control factor this seems to more closely resemble a normal dream where you are out of control.
Hope someone can clarify this and answer your question. :)

Yeh I'm only really new at this and my control of things is still taking a little getting used to, I can walk around and talk to people and interact all with logic knowing I'm in a dream, I usually join the dream that's ongoing and mid dream I come to the realization that I'm dreaming.. And then I rub my hands together which usually gives clarity and clears everything up.. Then I set off to explore, But It doesn't always feel like I'm in total control of everything, random scene changes that I didn't try to do, we'll I might have accidentally done it? Who knows.. I'm still a newbie lucid dreamer

buildit

Postby buildit » 25 Sep 2014 03:07

superfly9 wrote:Yeh I'm only really new at this and my control of things is still taking a little getting used to, I can walk around and talk to people and interact all with logic knowing I'm in a dream, I usually join the dream that's ongoing and mid dream I come to the realization that I'm dreaming.. And then I rub my hands together which usually gives clarity and clears everything up.. Then I set off to explore, But It doesn't always feel like I'm in total control of everything, random scene changes that I didn't try to do, we'll I might have accidentally did it?

That's cool, I'm really new at understanding what is normal and what others have experienced. The idea of feeling pain is something I'll have to experiment with. Even after my motorcycle accident as I replayed what happened over and over to figure out what I could have done better, I never felt pain as I slid across the road. :(
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

superfly9

Postby superfly9 » 25 Sep 2014 03:16

The fact that you can replay things sounds so far more experienced than me lol, Since I usually join mid dream I'm usually stuck in the setting it chooses and I've just been exploring from there, Lately I've been touching stuff a lot like if I'm walking along near a brick wall I'll pull my hand a long it and the sensation is just as real as in real life.. It's pretty cool, and that works with most things, I've tasted things, punched random dream ppl and can feel it in my fist etc.. most of the time that stuff would instantly wake me up, but keeping calm and relaxing has worked wonders from only like 2min dreams upto probly max only 15mins for me so far.. then I tend to get excited about something and wake up :lol:

buildit

Postby buildit » 25 Sep 2014 03:24

Yeah, increases in heart rate will wake me too. I've been having LD since I was a kid but just learned others can do it too. Now I'm curious as hell about what there is I haven't tried over the years. Physical control for me is easy but I'm confined my the limits of my own conscious experiences and knowledge. I'd like to try and allow my subconscious to have more control to be more ....... imaginative? :oops:

superfly9

Postby superfly9 » 25 Sep 2014 03:57

Hmm we'll the fact that I usually start mid dream sometimes even in the 2nd or 3rd scene of the same dream setting.. maybe why mine is more random, But I can still remember the scenes before even though I wasn't actually in control of them so to speak, I had a dream the other night where I was at an army training base and in the scenes previously the dream characters dialogue was free flowing and completely random that I wasn't in control of, My character had conversations to the Sargeant / Person in Charge , and even to other characters in the dream, But I was not asking them consciously and sometimes I do wake up at this point and it's just a normal dream that I can remember quite clearly.

But in this case and increasing more regular, I come to realize that I'm in a dream and It's a weird feeling to go from watching to entering and it going fully clear and then still being able to remember stuff that's been going on, In this dream when I gained control I wandered around for a few minutes trying to calm myself before I went and did anything, I did eventually walk up to ppl and ask some random questions and getting some weird replies, But at the end I walked up to the Sergeant and asked him if he knew anything about Lucid Dreaming, He said no , So I explained it to him in quite detail, and eventually told him none of this was real, He just started laughing at me and didn't believe me, then I asked him if he had any questions for me.. and then just as he was about to reply.. I woke up.. I think my heart rate went up hoping it was going to be good lol :lol:

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 25 Sep 2014 05:00

It seems like I enter well we enter lucid dreams the same way. We just notice mid dream. Yeah what I'll do is intentionally wake up in the night and then go back to sleep but I'm more likely to notice I'm in a dream cus if I'm like in Africa or something in the dream its easier for me to recognize like oh I'm in a dream cus I just woke up like ten minutes ago.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

superfly9

Postby superfly9 » 25 Sep 2014 05:14

yeh mine usually always happen after being awake, I usually wake up once a night randomly to go the toilet or to turn off my tv and LD's seem to occur more for me this way, also in the early hours of the morning is when I probly have most of mine, cos I wake up at 4 or 5am and then want to go back to sleep.. If I have had an LD when I wake.. I quickly try and enter it again.. and I usually just repeat this until I actually have to get up lol, this process happens most mornings :lol:

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”