Lucidity in the first sleep cycle

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
dreamstudent

Re: Lucidity in the first sleep cycle

Postby dreamstudent » 26 Sep 2014 20:39

Awesome so im not the only one. and I mean current theories on dreaming state that it, "it is not possible to know you had a dream unless you awoke at some point during your dream". I and you are merely reinforcing that this theory is in fact false.

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 26 Sep 2014 22:08

dreamstudent wrote:Awesome so im not the only one. and I mean current theories on dreaming state that it, "it is not possible to know you had a dream unless you awoke at some point during your dream". I and you are merely reinforcing that this theory is in fact false.

It's easy to tell when recalling a dream whether it was recent in the morning, or early in the night, for many reasons. Memory can be more foggy for early night dreams, and early night dreams have weirder themes usually.
Do a reality check

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Sep 2014 00:44

Those "current theories" are certainly false. ;)
We're all in agreement.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Postby Peter » 27 Sep 2014 00:56

Most of my lucids are in the second sleep but I have journals full of first sleep dreams and they are vivid and as interesting as the second session. My sleep habits always have me awake after 3 to 4 hours so its easy to record them
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

selle

Postby selle » 16 Oct 2014 20:49

Never been able to get it in the first cycle myself! :)
A enthusiast when it comes to Lucid Dreaming, eager to get more experience on the subject! My website is http://learndreamcontrol.com

Peter

Postby Peter » 19 Oct 2014 19:14

I need to be mentally and physically exhausted to get it in the first cycle, same for afternoon. I have had lots of wicked OBE's in the afternoons and best in strong sunlight and very tired.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Oct 2014 03:06

I think the sunlight affects our serotonin levels which wakes us up and make us alert. But if physically tired your body sleeps and dreams. Mind awake; Body asleep. It's always the best formula.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Postby Peter » 20 Oct 2014 08:51

Yes thats what I think as well. You need to be very tired so you almost drop right to sleep, exhausted is best but it can get intense with mild SP and its nearly always an OBE. Again due to the sunlight. Have not done this for a while but had a few of them over the years.

pennysuede

Postby pennysuede » 28 Jan 2015 01:21

I had a lucid dream a few nights ago, a WILD lucid dream right off the bat. I hadnt yet fallen asleep for the night, in fact, I wasnt tired at all. After lying there for a good hour, I decided to try to WILD, and lo and behold, I was able to achieve it in minutes (which on a side note, I am glad it did happen because once the WILD was done I "woke" up and was able to finally drift back to sleep).

I think that there are optimal times for sure with LD, but I have learned in this subject that NOTHING is a rule of thumb.

:)

Peter

Postby Peter » 28 Jan 2015 08:49

whatever works is the truth and thats about it so go break some barriers and have fun

Return to “Dream Science”