Is there 'Normal' in 'Paranormal' ?

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
nesgirl

Re: Is there 'Normal' in 'Paranormal' ?

Postby nesgirl » 27 Sep 2014 03:43

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 01:51, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Sep 2014 04:08

DreamStudent:

You got me and nesgirl mixed up. No problem! It's a simple mistake, but thought I'd clear that up.
We all know who said what so it doesn't matter. I understand! 8-)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 27 Sep 2014 04:29

My apologies I need to learn to quote better.

Nesgirl: okay I understand better now.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 29 Sep 2014 00:04

About dream sharing....

In order for that to be possible we would have to somehow be able to transmit thoughts that can be picked up by other brains. We would have to be consciously connected somehow. Is that even physically possible?

Michael Persinger seems to think so. If you're interested, here is a lecture explaining his reasoning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l6VPpDublg

buildit

Postby buildit » 29 Sep 2014 00:41

HAGART wrote:About dream sharing....

In order for that to be possible we would have to somehow be able to transmit thoughts that can be picked up by other brains. We would have to be consciously connected somehow. Is that even physically possible?

Michael Persinger seems to think so. If you're interested, here is a lecture explaining his reasoning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l6VPpDublg

Without watching the video yet and before I loose my thought I'd say there are many connections that are subconscious in nature. Did you rationally decide, "hey that girl or guy is hot!" after you caught a big whiff of pheromones or testosterone? Are there subliminal visual queues that people give and others pick up? Ever meet someone with an uncanny sense of a persons nature and even able to act as a human lie detector? Point is, not only can signals be transmitted thru frequency or amplitude but possible in ways we just don't "see" or detect yet.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Oct 2014 09:14

Thou there are fake channellers out there (often making money from people desperate to hear messages from their passed over loved ones.. watch out for the ones who make guesses or ask any leading questions!! eg do you have a brother named Bob?), there are some out there who arent.

Ive had some experiences around channelling, I even did weekly classes on that for a few years trying to learn trance channelling (I never got good at it and only a few times had a mild blowblowing experience with it).

My first experience with channelling was I was doing a 10 week like paranormal course with someone from the Spiritualist Church (I cant remember now what they called this course). Each week we focused on a different topic eg auras, spiritual healing etc and often an expert would come in to demostrate. The channelling week was sure interesting for me as it was the first time I can say I certainly saw a for real channel. One couldnt doubt it after seeing this example of it.

This lady.. she channelled an old chinese guy. Her whole face changed (she actually went male looking and chinese looking while doing the channelling), no one could fake what I saw, it was like we were looking at someone else. Not only that, her voice did completely change too, even her accent.

I was further blown away when the channelling was finished. I saw this whispy smoke come out from the top of the channellers head. The spirit leaving her. So that was my introduction to channelling and it blew me away so much that I then went out trying to find myself a teacher to learn it after seeing this.

I persisted trying to learn how to do that for several years but didnt get far with it.. 0ther then a few times when I did channel and said all this stuff and felt very strange while this was going on (one time I thought I was going to spontanously combust, I got so hot it scared me).. in my classes I just normally was unsure if what I spoke hesitatingly was just my own imagination or not.

I did once thou have a spontanous channelling event when some Johovba Witnesses came to my door and I started (to my surprise, I hadnt tried to trance out or bring anything in) started channelling all this stuff at them.. I (well whatever I was channelling) nearly converted them out of their own religion lol. They knew something very weird and powerful had happened and were asking so many questions and this channeled whatever was answering them. I think then a ban was put on my place as I didnt have any of them visit me for many years after that incident. Anyway, I consider myself a dunce in that field, I tried so very hard for years to learn it but only ever have channelled a few times myself and I cant do it at will.

To the person who commented that channellers must be fakes as they shut their eyes. There is a very good reason for that. To channel one has loose ones normal state of being and enter into an altered state, entering into an altered state is very hard with ones eyes open (it would be like asking someone to LD with physical eyes open) and the spirit who enters, doesnt need to see out of the bodies eyes. (This being said thou I think the the first for real one I saw, she or rather he did open her eyes.. is so long ago I witnessed that that Im not sure now but I think he did and was looking at everyone throu her eyes. I was kind of in state of shock during the whole channelling, strugging to believe whole face had changed)

I hate watching the ones on TV who actually ask the people if they are correct in what they are saying as they go along. That's so much of what one shouldnt do if one is doing it for real as it actually puts the concious mind in the way of the subconciousness or whatever one is trying to channel. The little you know about the other the better.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 17 Feb 2015 18:59

One of the common elements in your question is experience. There is universal experience, and individual experience. Are you trying to make one into the other? Let us examine it by the principles of language.

There are two branches of language, of reasoning, Logic and Analogic, derived from the definition of a thing.
Now, also by definition, for either branch to become a thing, it must accompany its complementary element. So, in logic, we must have the accompanying analog to make it into language. I.e. the same or similar experience. That is impossible with personal experiences. So can you share an unshared experience? One may come close with a commensurate analog, but an extraordinary one, doubtful. In Analogic, hey, if they do not see the ratio in a figure, well, then you cannot reason in logic with them. If one cannot see the similar idea in the many examples, soon you will find you cannot communicate because each persons word is not the same word. If they cannot grasp that a point is not a thing, you get morons claiming that a line, a plane, space, is composed of an infinite number of points. Great news on that, you can tell them that you are treating them to a salad, and it will be ready when your knife waves in the air an infinite number of times. So, can you divide the divisor? Or predicate existence? Plato's Parmenides was to example what happens when you cannot distinguish the difference between the boundary, the material in a boundary and a thing. What happens to reasoning when you confuse names. The Subject naming convention, which are names of things, always has two predicates, a sum of names called the Predicate naming convention. Without the analog information in the predicates, you cannot recreate a thing, even in your mind.

So, clarify what you are asking, for the principles of language to violate themselves or what?

In my book, paranormal use to be called porch monkeys. Or two people waling together while each was talking on their cell phone. If you are fascinated by catch words that glitter in your mind, then, welcome paranormal!

The first place to start in the examination of reason, are the principles of language itself. Things can be defined, its elements cannot, they, must be abstracted from experience. It also means you cannot predicate of an experience you have never had. You can run descriptive scenarios, but the results is still not a thing, or nothing. i.e. we are back to the ancient demand for evidence, and constructability.

Oh, please do not share this information with writers of predicate calculus's and special logic systems, each trying to avoid contradicting themselves. The poor bastards are lost in the land of the paranormal, a land where words are not really words, but glittery gibberish of the self flattering ghost.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Feb 2015 17:37

You need to dumb it down into simple Sesame Street language with sock puppets for my pathetic mind to comprehend.

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 21 Feb 2015 23:44

HAGART wrote:You need to dumb it down into simple Sesame Street language with sock puppets for my pathetic mind to comprehend.

Okay, reality is not different from itself. Man, however, cannot speak with such unity, yet. The ability to speak using actual language takes an education currently not provided in the schools of mankind. For example, "normal" and "paranormal" have never been well defined terms, nor can one define them such as to make reality different from itself.

Now, there may be ice pops in the freezer.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 22 Feb 2015 07:03

"I have a ball. Perhaps you'd like to bounce it."
- The Simpsons

Return to “Paranormal Activity”