Talking with Non LD friends and family

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
HAGART

Re: Talking with Non LD friends and family

Postby HAGART » 27 Sep 2014 02:27

Is that you in your picture, riding the motor cycle?

I have to check myself around family gatherings now because I like to drink a little (and sometimes a lot) which loosens my jaw, and my tongue starts flapping, and I feel like I want to get a bunch of things off my chest, which I had kept suppressed for so long, and start sharing my lucid dreams and all my insights.

I might say something like:
"Our brains are a reality machine interpreting nonsensical waves to produce reality as we know it and in a dream it does the same thing, but there are no waves; just subconscious imagination. We can't turn the reality machine off! So what is real? Are we just the universe perceiving itself through a prism of beliefs?"

(Stuff like that... and it's hard to express the ineffable when ideas occur without words... ) :ugeek:

It would get strange responses from many people if I were to say that, and not something we discuss in elevators, around the water cooler at work, or at the dinner table with family. But like I said, nothing is too strange or off-the-wall for me, when even I say seemingly 'crazy' things. :D
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

buildit

Postby buildit » 27 Sep 2014 02:58

HAGART wrote:Is that you in your picture, riding the motor cycle?

I have to check myself around family gatherings now because I like to drink a little (and sometimes a lot) which loosens my jaw, and my tongue starts flapping, and I feel like I want to get a bunch of things off my chest, which I had kept suppressed for so long, and start sharing my lucid dreams and all my insights.

I might say something like:
"Our brains are a reality machine interpreting nonsensical waves to produce reality as we know it and in a dream it does the same thing, but there are no waves; just subconscious imagination. We can't turn the reality machine off! So what is real? Are we just the universe perceiving itself through a prism of beliefs?"

(Stuff like that... and it's hard to express the ineffable when ideas occur without words... ) :ugeek:

It would get strange responses from many people if I were to say that, and not something we discuss in elevators, around the water cooler at work, or at the dinner table with family. But like I said, nothing is too strange or off-the-wall for me, when even I say seemingly 'crazy' things. :D

Yeah, I'm the nut on the motorcycle. They are great therapy and if you ever need reality hop on one a get going too fast into a corner. LOL

Interesting perspective on the interpretation of reality by the mind, sounds dam similar to what my hypothesis is that dreams are in large part the subconscious trying to portray reality in order to comprehend all the data we take in. Lots of that data is junk and by sending it thru the dream filter if you will the conscious mind has a chance to analyze it and save the important parts for later use. I'll be a hit of our next family get together as I disclose my interpretation of the universe! :lol: Anyone wanna try to physically ascend to an energy state? ;)
Attachments
great pumpkin.jpg
great pumpkin.jpg (229.71 KiB) Viewed 1081 times
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 27 Sep 2014 03:03

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:45, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

buildit

Postby buildit » 27 Sep 2014 03:22

nesgirl wrote:I am not criticizing everyone religious. I just want them to not to try to rule over a person's life and tell them what they can or cannot do, or bully those who are younger or handicapped, threatening them with creepy pasta stories.
That's there job. A study of the religious groups thru history provides more than adequate that they like any other group seek control. But as a scientist, I am also a Christian and believe there is good in both religion and faith. Even if it requires some parmesan cheese on the pasta at times to make everything sit right. :lol: :lol:

nesgirl wrote: Anyone wanna try to physically ascend to an energy state?

Uh no thanks. That sounds too much like an undead ritual, and even in a Lucid Dream I am phobic of the undead (not of the undead themselves, but of the rituals or becoming one of them)

No ritual, just one of my lucid dreams. :D The ideas of conservation of energy and transference between mater and energy states are both scientific theories with a lot of basis in fact. :ugeek: You should try it! Fastest way to travel in space, speed of thought! :P
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 27 Sep 2014 03:56

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:45, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 27 Sep 2014 04:14

HAGART wrote:People sleep walk through life thinking they know everything, but fail to realize waking life is only one side of a coin. Dreams are the other aspect of our psyche and to truly understand and know thyself, it is common sense to embrace your dreams and understand them. D'UH!

And knowing thyself has HUGE ramifications on waking life!

I wish I could say that out loud to my family, but I have to bite my tongue and understand that they simply don't get it. I have patience though and we should just all lead by example. I don't have anyone else to turn to either so that's why I come here! :D

Nothing's too crazy for me, buildit. I read your post about 'know thyself', and I didn't reply because all I would say is, "Yes!" ;)

Well said Hagart. I do find myself very disturbed by the fact that people always say that we spend 1/3 of our life sleeping/unconscious when sleeping can in fact mean the very opposite of unconiousness but people just don't understand that. Psychology is considered a psduoscience and that's why the subject of dreaming which is primarily derived of from psychology isn't "credible" in the science world as a "measurable process" which I don't agree with at all. and that's why its not taken seriously by our community I theorize anyway. But im getting off topic it hurts me to know that I cant convince my family that there dreams are important and that they should look into them and try to understand them as it could help solve real life problems for them but I too bite my tongue... ARE WE ALL AS LUCID DREAMERS EVERYONE ON THIS SPECIFIC SUBJECT DOING THE RIGHT THING BY BITING OUR TONGUES AND NOT GETTING ON THE SUBJECT WITH OUR FAMILIES? ID LIKE TO KNOW YOUR OPINIONS THANK YOU.

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 27 Sep 2014 04:20

nesgirl wrote:
buildit wrote:I think there is an unspoken stigma about discussing these sorts of ideas and concepts because there are some real nut cases out there who sink their teeth into abstract ideas in order to make their hypotheses work in reality. Even in discussing it on this forum I am somewhat guarded because I know how some of this sounds and I am trying very hard to be very open minded to the ideas and interpretation of others. :) Hate for everyone to find out what a mad man I really am. :lol:

Actually Lucid Dreams aren't the only thing that receives controversy. Multimedia Design can be a form of controversy to many. Because designers are known to kill their Multimedia Characters or to do other things in their projects that would considered taboo in reality, people highly criticize them for that. It is even worse for them with discrimination when it comes to religious leaders. Religious leaders will almost always criticize them for doing such evil things, and will imply they are monsters that will be sent to hades because of the things they put in their projects. Hello to the leaders? Multimedia is NOT the real world. It is a reality we create ourselves through special programs, and therefore it shouldn't affect the real world on what we are doing with our projects (most of our designs in fact remain closed off from the public). Also if you decide to make a project based on what you believe in politics, then that can cause taboo as well.

Understandable buildit I too was also very cautious at first of this site and what I posted but then I just had to post something that actually meant something to me to find out what these other people knew. I of course looked at a lot of posts and stuff to see if they were legit.

Nesgirl: I dislike how religious leaders also criticize something that isn't directly affiliated with religion to being something evil or bad. im sure there is a religion out there that says tampering with the dream world is evil doing.. :(

buildit

Postby buildit » 27 Sep 2014 04:25

Like religion, discussing it with the unwilling will only build animosity and distrust. I guess it is best to wait till someone asks you, "How'd you know / do / think of that?" That may be the time when a receptive mind can understand. ;)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Sep 2014 04:26

I actually brought this same topic up before somewhere in the past archive here in the off-topic section. Others have too. Buildit wasn't the first.

I say, you can't cram knowledge down someone's throat and you must be patient and considerate. (Perhaps a little smug since we all know better). ;) But don't say it. Keep it to yourself and just give subtle hints from time to time. Your close friends and loved ones will eventually be intrigued and wonder why you are the way you are and they will be the ones asking questions before you even have answers.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. But everyone gets thirsty after a while... ;)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

buildit

Postby buildit » 27 Sep 2014 04:27

nesgirl wrote:
buildit wrote:
No ritual, just one of my lucid dreams. :D The ideas of conservation of energy and transference between mater and energy states are both scientific theories with a lot of basis in fact. :ugeek: You should try it! Fastest way to travel in space, speed of thought! :P

I can already do that in my dream body controlled WILDs, so why would I need to convert myself into energy? I can go to whatever places I want in this WILD within seconds, whether it be places in my hometown, places out of town, places in space, or within the Alien World (not full of aliens, just a different place in my Lucid Dream full of DCs). Why would I want to be just energy if I can use my full dream body in this situation.

Then go with what you know. ;) :D

Return to “Off-Topic”