Talking with Non LD friends and family

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
dreamstudent

Re: Talking with Non LD friends and family

Postby dreamstudent » 27 Sep 2014 04:37

nesgirl wrote: Anyone wanna try to physically ascend to an energy state?

Uh no thanks. That sounds too much like an undead ritual, and even in a Lucid Dream I am phobic of the undead (not of the undead themselves, but of the rituals or becoming one of them)[/quote]

Nesgirl I am not trying to nag but you recently helped me to show me that my fear was a needless fear to have and that by become lucid in my dreams I can more easily face my fear. Why have you not faced the fear of the ritual for undead in one of your lucid dreams? I thought that masters of dream control like Hagart, you and buildit would be fearless?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Sep 2014 04:41

I am not a "master".
I am a constant pupil.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

buildit

Postby buildit » 27 Sep 2014 04:44

dreamstudent wrote:Nesgirl I am not trying to nag but you recently helped me to show me that my fear was a needless fear to have and that by become lucid in my dreams I can more easily face my fear. Why have you not faced the fear of the ritual for undead in one of your lucid dreams? I thought that masters of dream control like Hagart, you and buildit would be fearless?

Franklin Roosevelt was who famously said that, "We have nothing to fear but fear itself". The philosophical side of this statement won over his audience and the general public. The reality of it lead thousands to their death in Normandy and other sites across Europe. Only a fool is fearless and only a wise person learns to turn that fear into something that fuels the mind and soul! :D
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 27 Sep 2014 04:49

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:44, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

buildit

Postby buildit » 27 Sep 2014 05:05

I was so expecting the vision of undead to be something out of friday the 13th or that evil dead tv show that the pokeman thing really threw me. :D Sorry, very different realities can make for great personal irony.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 27 Sep 2014 05:06

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:45, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Sep 2014 05:09

We all have fears don't we? Nesgirl happens to have a phobia which she admits, so I am not out of line by sharing that. I have my own.... for me, it's airplanes. I use to fly in them all the time, but now, I can't. I just hate the claustrophobic feeling of hurling in the air in a metal tube with only 'speed' as your means of staying aloft. What if an engine fails? I see the wings flex and wonder if they will break. I feel like I'm in a rickety, man-made contraption that should not float! (I think too much and it can drive me to fear, and anxiety!)

I can get over it though. I feel the main problem is letting go. I am not the driver, and I am not the pilot. That is the main psychological problem I have. (I have no problems on a bus because it can pull over, but an airplane feels like pure faith in the machine!)

When I want to Rage Against the Machine! 8-) (Music joke)

buildit

Postby buildit » 27 Sep 2014 05:14

HAGART wrote:We all have fears don't we? Nesgirl happens to have a phobia which she admits, so I am not out of line by sharing that. I have my own.... for me, it's airplanes. I use to fly in them all the time, but now, I can't. I just hate the claustrophobic feeling of hurling in the air in a metal tube with only 'speed' as your means of staying aloft. What if an engine fails? I see the wings flex and wonder if they will break. I feel like I'm in a rickety, man-made contraption that should not float! (I think too much and it can drive me to fear, and anxiety!)

I can get over it though. I feel the main problem is letting go. I am not the driver, and I am not the pilot. That is the main psychological problem I have. (I have no problems on a bus because it can pull over, but an airplane feels like pure faith in the machine!)

When I want to Rage Against the Machine! 8-) (Music joke)

I totally get that, I learned to fly planes as a kid but being in a jet and being out of control of the aircraft can be unnerving. So I always try to get the window seat. ;)

As for the joke, don't end up with an STP! LOL

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 27 Sep 2014 05:27

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:45, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Sep 2014 05:28

What is STP?

And I forgot to mention how my fear relates to this. I get a TON of airplane dreams and being in airports. All NON-lucid, but it's all based on a deep anxiety I have, no doubt. (maybe it's travel-related as well). I think dreams have a purpose and show us what we don't want to see. Don't look away! Write them down and stare your fears in the face!

I don't have a phobia, but certainly a fear. I had a panic attack a few times and that is my only fear now: having a panic attack on a plane. Your fear creates more fear and then if fuels itself, and feeds and grows and becomes it's own (metaphorical) inner demon!

I want to live without fear of any kind. And lucid dreaming and even just dream journaling regular dreams will be a magnifying glass on what we fear most so we can address it and not hide from it. That is the first step.

Invite your 'monster out of the closet', shine a flashlight on it, and talk with it and understand it and then there is nothing to fear anymore. (Easier said than done, but I like that simple analogy).

Return to “Off-Topic”