Where are our Dreams?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
KylePK

Where are our Dreams?

Postby KylePK » 04 Feb 2012 07:29

I read this a few moments ago when researching dream stuffs :D

"It was at that moment, when I picked up a single blade of grass, within my lucid dream, and realized that I was floating inside another dimension.

We are connected to this dimension through our pineal gland.

Which releases chemicals (illegal for some reason) that allow you to peer into this personal spiritual place.

Once you are lucid, you will mostly find out your brain wouldn't be able to handle you thinking inside itself while supporting a fully vivid, real dreamworld."

What do you guys think? Its a rather intriguing concept if I do say so myself.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

R99

Re: Where are our Dreams?

Postby R99 » 04 Feb 2012 08:02

That what we called subconcious, still the funny thing is we r not using our brain even 40%. Creeeepy and unbelivable, think, if we can use it to 100%.
I see the Truth now.

dannyc91

Postby dannyc91 » 04 Feb 2012 17:13

R99 wrote:That what we called subconcious, still the funny thing is we r not using our brain even 40%. Creeeepy and unbelivable, think, if we can use it to 100%.

Sorry, but this is not true and is only a myth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10%25_of_brain_myth

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 04 Feb 2012 19:22

HOLD IT! The pineal gland theory is less scientific and more "religious". The dream is created with REM and with body sensations, imagination, and memory. The "third eye" is used in religion but in reality it's just a gland that produces cells.
Go science!
jamjam

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 04 Feb 2012 19:23

Yes, R99, it is widely believed that dreams are native to the subconscious. My point however, is that what if they do not remain in the subconscious? Like the person I quoted above said, he felt he had entered another dimension or plane. Another person claimed that this makes more sense because it would be very complicated for your brain to think and create a world inside itself.

JamJam! I didn't know that! See, thats why I brought this topic up lol because I figured someone would unearth some truth from it, or prove it as a fallacy.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

R99

Postby R99 » 04 Feb 2012 20:44

Yeah, may be its a myth or its truth or its all a calculation of science about our brain capacity. Still the science cant even fully understood the brain function, most of it a MIRACLE AND MYSTERY.
I see the Truth now.

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 04 Feb 2012 21:41

One day we will understand the brain but even then there will be more mysteries.
Sweet dreams,
jamjam

Peter

Postby Peter » 04 Feb 2012 22:08

This is an interesting theory that in a baby in the womb there is a point when the pineal gland moves from the roof of the mouth and travels up to it resting point in the brain stem or where it settles then it releases a chemical called DMT (Read the spirit molecule) and at this point we have Consciousness. This is the point at about 28 days where we are aware. Right or wrong I dont know but I suspect that all the stuff that we do, meditation, relax, visualize, religious practices simply tap in and allow the release of this DMT and we prolong this with experiance in the dream.

Also you can dream without being in a REM state - so I dont know I just dream and thats fine
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 04 Feb 2012 23:23

I am of the belief that the dreamworld exists in another dimension. However i'm not certain of how we access it.
Dreaming is my drug

Peter

Postby Peter » 05 Feb 2012 01:57

I have posted this before but I was in a LD and it was very clear and strong dream and in a alien city and questioning what was going on around me, the walls of this world - that is the very fabric that contained the dream started to bulge like a balloon being pushed in and I worked out from within the dream that it was my cat pushing against my leg - didnt want to accept this for a while as it blew to bits the other dimension theory. BUT this does not take anything away from LD and what we can discover, I just firmly believe that it all is inside our head or at least that one was and I am open minded still.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”