Finally faced my fears WILD-style!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
dreamstudent

Finally faced my fears WILD-style!

Postby dreamstudent » 27 Sep 2014 18:36

So I finally faced my fears in a lucid dream through the WILD induction technique I believe..

Thanks to this forum I know it sounds cheesy but I want to thank Superfly9, buildit, Nesgirl, and any others who have helped me on the fear aspect of Lucid Dreaming and WILD induction techniques.

My journal entrée of the lucid dream is going to be exactly copied from my journal to this post, with grammar corrections of course:

So its 4 a.m. I unintentionally start the WILD, I felt and heard the vibrations but they weren't that strong and I just ended up losing concentration and woke up. In order to not be fearful of the induction technique (wild), specifically the vibration stage, I thought of a child hood memory that makes me happy and breathed slowly in and out trying to clear my mind of anything but this child hood image. The few hours past and I woke up as I began to fall back asleep I began going into sleep paralysis and could feel the vibrations again. I let them go on at least 30 seconds and then I simply sat up into my dream body. I got up out of my bed and then noticed that a old lady who was scary looking attempted to scare me by screaming in my face. I stood my ground telling myself I have to face my fears. She disappeared after that. After I faced the grandma I thought to myself, "Okay that's enough for one night I want to teleport to one of the best lucid dreams I have ever had and experiment with buildit's techniques." I knelt down, breathed in and out to teleport to the location and started feeling a weird sensation (like I was changing form or being stretched) but after several mins of trying the dream world wouldn't let me teleport. I know why also: because my direct intention in the next lucid dream I had, especially if it was WILD was to face all my fears. I knew then and there what I had to do, I had to face two of my biggest fears.. darkness, and possession (I got possessed in a dream once, feared it since). I left my room in my dream body as it would not suit the purpose to face my fear as it is too peaceful and comfortable for me (water fountains, bamboo plants, trees, etc.) I went to my sisters old room - now the storage room and a light was on so I thought alright ill face the thing that possessed me with the light on and then ill face darkness itself. So I called out the thing, "Come and face me COWARD!" I yelled. But there was no response (I knew why there wasn't a response, because in the dream that I had been possessed in it was completely dark almost no light). I proceeded to turn off the light and repeated, "Come out and face me coward!" The next thing I knew I felt the presence in the room, I saw it too, surprisingly, it wasn't your typical dark figure possession thingy but instead was an orange-ish/pink energy shadow about 5ft high and 3 ft wide. I said outloud, "I'm not afraid of you!" I also was thinking in my mind, which I think it could hear what I was thinking since I was in the dream world: "if you do get as far as possessing me, your in me and I'm in you, and I can easily possess you right back!" It tried to attack me and partially possess me but I pushed it back or hit it.. It attacked me again and I hit it or pushed it (hard to tell when your fighting an energy) then it just disappeared or ran away.
I went back into my room feeling rather good about myself having conquered 4 of my main fears: the vibrations from WILD, "a scary figure standing in my room when I come into conscious view of my surroundings after WILD" (the grandma), darkness, and last but not least, the thing that possessed me in a previous dream. I thought of the dream memory I wanted to teleport to, knelt down (like superman preparing to fly), started to feel the vibration sensation like I was about to take off....................... and I woke up.

Although I didn't get to experiment that much with this Lucid dream I finally faced my fears and now can get further in my adventures of lucid dreaming. Thanks everyone, tell me what you think of my experience I'm happy to hear! :D

buildit

Re: Finally faced my fears WILD-style!

Postby buildit » 27 Sep 2014 21:23

Congratulations, sounds like an awesome adventure.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 27 Sep 2014 22:51

It was thanks man! It was awesome I can't wait to explore more!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 28 Sep 2014 00:47

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:22, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 28 Sep 2014 01:26

nesgirl wrote:Nice! You faced up to your fears and induced a WILD. Not only that, you faced your fears in the WILD as well. And that WILD you had was really amazing for your first. Congrats on facing on your fears in that way. I hope that by learning to face your fears that maybe you will be much more comfortable with the WILD technique and be willing to induce WILDs more often.

Was it that great of a wild nesgirl? Do you really think so If so what??

[ Post made via Android ] Image

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 28 Sep 2014 01:42

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:22, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 28 Sep 2014 03:14

Should some dreams not be shared with people who don't know what lucid dreams are? Like I told one of my friends in real life that's had a somewhat interest in it but has never done it. and they he said gee that sounds too intense for me.. he said it like I was crazy or insane or something. it made me feel bad kinda just cus I don't think im crazy or insane but do people just really not understand that much?

buildit

Postby buildit » 28 Sep 2014 03:20

I brought that issue up in Off Topic under discussing LD with friends and family. It seems we have all experienced the "what are you nuts" look when talking about what we do in our dreams. I think it's due to a stereotype about people who analyze dreams and try to connect their influence to reality. It makes people uncomfortable. :roll:
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 28 Sep 2014 03:29

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:23, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 28 Sep 2014 03:51

Thanks both of you.. you've already boosted my self confidence up a bit its just he was a somewhat close friend. and its just upsetting... but since I have had a taste of some truly magnificent worlds and power in LD's I think I could never go back to not dreaming or remembering my dreams..

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”