Introduction + WILD Eye Problems

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
PerfectWork

Introduction + WILD Eye Problems

Postby PerfectWork » 28 Sep 2014 07:38

Hi fellow Lucid Dreamers,
I've searched around the forums etc. to see if anyone else has this problem, and it certainly seems to be the case, but I am going to ask something I haven't read about yet, so bear with me + a little introduction.
I've been interested in lucid dreaming for about a month now, having 4 Dream Induced Lucid Dreams so far.

So that's progressing nicely, but I seem to be having a problem with this so called "WILD" I just implemented 3 days ago. First time I tried it I almost succeeded, but I didn't really know much about it and got too excited by the amazing hypnagogic imagery. Next night I tried it and got too annoyed by my swallowing reflex, which I also found a cure against.

So this night I obviously could not wait to try again with my new cure, though my eyes happen to be the new problem. Everyone here probably knows this sensation of your eyes just closing automatically when you are really tired, right? Well, for me they just open automatically when relaxing. So this is a problem when WILD'ing, as I have to relax fully AND remain eyes shut. What I found was that when laying on the side, in this example the left side, the left eye is under a little bit of pressure from the pillow and I can relax my facial muscles while remaining a shut eye. The other eye slowly starts opening though if I relax really well. This is especially annoying when "drifting into the hypnagogic imagery". So I thought to myself "why not put a little pressure on both eyes through a sleeping mask". I am going to try that tonight, any feedback would be appreciated. I have had this problem when trying to sleep normally, but I'd just force a little pressure on my eyes by stimulating facial muscles a little bit.

Another problem is my eyes start twitching, especially at the start of hypnagogic imagery. I heard this was a beginners problem, but it might just be because I am putting too much focus on upper facial muscles, stemming from my "eyes automatically opening"-problem.

If you have any feedback on my progression and thought process, or if you have experienced the same things, I would gladly like to discuss this further with you!

Best regards,
PerfectWork

Peter

Re: Introduction + WILD Eye Problems

Postby Peter » 28 Sep 2014 19:55

Dont worry about any of it, just relax and observe what is normal for you. You get to sleep each night with the events you are describing so use them as signs you are nearly there. None of it matters and at each success you will break one issue and find another.
Just the way it is
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 28 Sep 2014 20:06

The eyes opening and twitching has happened to me as well before-I just try to forget about them-consciously trying to stop them twitching or opening just makes it worse I've found!
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

PerfectWork

Postby PerfectWork » 28 Sep 2014 22:26

Thanks for the two friendly replies! I will continue trying in a calm way
Best regards,
PerfectWork

superfly9

Postby superfly9 » 29 Sep 2014 08:07

I found I have a similar problem sometimes, I find it really hard to stay in the same spot in bed for long periods of time unless I'm asleep, I tend to roll around side to side and fix pillows a lot, I also found myself putting a pillow on my head from eyes up lol :? :lol: , I found that on my side with head with 1 eye out works good for me, But we all are different and just gotta find out trial and error :D

I'm pretty sure you can go into Sleep Paralysis with your eyes open if you had a sleeping mask on since it would be completely black.. That might help a little.. you could just stare into the darkness and maybe get to SP and WILD that way? .. oh wait you thought that lol, nevermind.. I might try that myself :)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Sep 2014 12:00

I liked Peters reply to you.

I see it as a case as you just havent learnt to switch off of all the little things (people who have learnt to meditate, ignore all this stuff). You may sort out the latest issue of the eye or facial twitch and the next thing it may be is a dog barking in a distance, so after then getting ear plugs you try again but then next it could be an itch.

Its your own mind distracting you. Its a matter of practicing this until all these little things no longer bother you at all and you can be in that mentally relaxed state to enter a WILD with no distractions. Learning how to let go .. can be just another part of learning how to do a WILD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”