Fake First Lucid Dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Hypnos

Fake First Lucid Dream?

Postby Hypnos » 15 Jan 2012 22:17

Just recently I have had 2 dreams that I think were "Fake Lucid Dreams".
The first one, I was walking along this path when sudenly I lightly think, "Im dreaming", I dont get excited and just keep walking. Later I do some lucid stuff I wanted to do in my first LD like pushing an old teacher of mine into a thorn bush :lol: . Yet when I woke up I didnt feel happy, just plain. It felt more like it was a regular dream in which I became lucid. This is the only way I can explain it, it felt more like a story, and me becoming lucid was the climax of the plot. What I want to know is WHY I didnt actually become lucid in this dream. I would be happy with anyones thoughts. My personal theory of why I didnt become lucid was because my mind thought I already was, similar to how your mind takes the dream as reality, my mind took this fake lucid dream as a real LD.

Anyway, Im still a bit compuzzled so any help would be appreciated. :?

fistania

Re: Fake First Lucid Dream?

Postby fistania » 16 Jan 2012 01:58

in Robbert Waggoner's book, he said that there's 6 levels of lucidity,

6th (Pre-Lucid) is that you realize something's unusual
5th (Sub-Lucid) is that you realize something's not real
4th (Semi-Lucid) is that you realize you're dreaming, but still continue with the flow,
3rd (Lucid) is that you realize you're dreaming and make major changes,
2nd (Fully Lucid) is that you can recall physical life and predetermined tasks to perform and shows high level of dream manipulation,
1st (Super Lucid) is that you shows extremely high level of dream manipulation and personal energy, clarity of thought, creativity, and memory, and so on.

it's still counted as LD, just the 4th level :D

Edue98

Postby Edue98 » 16 Jan 2012 04:11

the same thing happened to me, I was in a place made all of legos an then i realized this couldn't happen in real life so in that point i knew i was LD, but it was all blurry :(
The interpretation of dreams is the royal road to a knowledge of the unconscious activities of the mind. ~Sigmund Freud

MissTabz

Postby MissTabz » 21 Jan 2012 18:06

I actually had a fake first lucid dream last night! It went like this:
I was in a big house and a priest was there he had a bible thing that made me go into a lucid dream so all of a sudden I'm in front of that big house right before I was about to go "lucid" in my dreams ,dream and then I said " I'm dreaming!" I looked down at my hands but nothing happened (I didn't go lucid in my dream) then I looked up and everything was different colours and I'm guessing that's when I went "lucid" in my dreams, dream cause all of a sudden the priest had a baseballbat and he hit a baseball... so yeah,.. I was close but no lucidity :( ...YET

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 22 Jan 2012 07:10

Meee toooo last night! I think I was Lucid (stage 3 on that thing above) but I want to be more lucid! Cause it all seemed like a dream still even tho I was in control. I'm going to try a WILD tonight and I hope my body will go into the dream state.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Hypnos

Postby Hypnos » 29 Jan 2012 22:38

Well Im glad its not just me :) . Can anyone help with this or explain?

dannyc91

Postby dannyc91 » 04 Feb 2012 17:23

I had my first lucid dream last night.... kind of.

I became totally aware that I was in dream and was able to think clearly, but I had no real control over my actions, it became frustrating and I woke up after about 30 seconds.

I guess this is only being on that 4th level, semi-lucid?

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 04 Feb 2012 19:06

You can dream of lucidity and not become lucid... I had a dream with me reading a book called You're Lucid... I also dreamed of a successful RC but I wasn't "lucid".
Sweet dreams,
jamjam

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » 14 Feb 2012 05:53

jamjam wrote:I had a dream with me reading a book called You're Lucid.

Wow, that's weird, I've read a book called "You're Lucid" while I was in a dream too. lol
There is no spoon.

Return to “For Beginners”