So what's paranormal?

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
buildit

So what's paranormal?

Postby buildit » 29 Sep 2014 01:00

Is paranormal a better relationship and understanding with animals than most people have? Is it seeing the light glow of a stand of trees when silhouetted by the dark sky? If it being a bit too good and understanding peoples emotions when they talk to you? Maybe it's just being empathic to the point others smile because you are smiling, you know those people who can light up a room or drag it down within seconds of being there? Maybe you are the person that when you say a heart felt prayer it almost always seems things do get better. Or you wish some one ill will and the next day the bad news is waiting for you about what happened to them. :o

I don't have an answer and I don't profess to understand if any of that is real or perception. But I'd admit to having experience situations like those for myself or others I have known. Can any of you think of things that if you really looked at might not seem possible? :geek:
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Summerlander

Re: So what's paranormal?

Postby Summerlander » 29 Sep 2014 01:36

The case of Aleister Crowley aka The Great Beast 666 is a peculiar one. If I remember correctly, his death and that of a male witch is rumoured to be a product of a double-curse or tge outcome of a black magic battle of some sort. If you are interested in the occult, you will definitely find Crowley interesting.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

buildit

Postby buildit » 29 Sep 2014 01:40

Summerlander wrote:The case of Aleister Crowley aka The Great Beast 666 is a peculiar one. If I remember correctly, his death and that of a male witch is rumoured to be a product of a double-curse or tge outcome of a black magic battle of some sort. If you are interested in the occult, you will definitely find Crowley interesting.

Not so into the occult but I do find the stories of Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin interesting.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 29 Sep 2014 01:44

Rasputin! Yeah, he was another weirdo! :-D

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 29 Sep 2014 01:48

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 05:03, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

buildit

Postby buildit » 29 Sep 2014 01:56

nesgirl wrote:Most often it is an ability that is probability-based that is mistaken for superstition (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0WcZFp2aCI ). Having a Probability Lucid Dream is possible if the exact number needed to trigger such an event was hit for example, however, it is very unlikely.
Or it could be a magician or a prankster pulling a prank on their unsuspecting audience.
Like in these 2 videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N5OhNplEd4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_Dtsx-VGG0

While I am only mildly good at math the probability of any action that can be repeated at will is not just doubled but squared making it's probability infinite within a short period. No probability can't explain it anymore than Steven Hawkins 11 dimensions do.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 29 Sep 2014 02:11

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 05:03, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

buildit

Postby buildit » 29 Sep 2014 02:21

nesgirl wrote:
buildit wrote:
While I am only mildly good at math the probability of any action that can be repeated at will is not just doubled but squared making it's probability infinite within a short period. No probability can't explain it anymore than Steven Hawkins 11 dimensions do.

I never said it could be repeated at will. It is just a random event that no person has control over.
Just because the probability is infinite doesn't mean it isn't possible. You can pick just about any number that is between 1 and infinity and still there is that distant possibility that the number will be hit.

There is truth to that. As a kid my bedroom was struck by lightening...... twice in the same spot! So whoever said lightening never strikes the same spot twice. :roll:

buildit

Postby buildit » 29 Sep 2014 02:33

So let me make your lives weird. I'm one of those people with a strong animal magnetism. So today when visiting a place called the Wilds in Eastern Ohio I was very popular because animals (well predators) would run to the fence to see me as we traveled around the enclosures. These animals get passed by hundreds of people daily and never pay them a notice. So WTF is going on? :shock:

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 29 Sep 2014 13:25

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 05:04, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

Return to “Paranormal Activity”