New dreamer on board!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Malva

New dreamer on board!

Postby Malva » 28 Sep 2014 21:12

Hi Dreamers!

Happy to be a part of this forum! I've had some wonderful lucid dreams, and would like to explore the possibilities more in depth and figure out methods to have them more often. When I become lucid I always begin flying which I really enjoy, but I become so absorbed in it that I don't really do much else.
I'm looking forward to browsing through the forum and read about your experiences!
I love talking about dreams and listening to other peoples dreams, I seem to be the only one in my friend group who enjoys that though, so I'm happy to have a place to share my own dream adventures and hear about yours!

Love
Maja

superfly9

Re: New dreamer on board!

Postby superfly9 » 29 Sep 2014 07:47

Welcome :D , Yeh it's funny that many of us never really have any real-life friends to talk to about this, I only have 1 mate that sorta understood and actually cared enough to want to learn about this, All the rest just didn't seem too interested or didn't believe me lol

Glad to have ya on board, and I'm only new to this forum myself but it's already worked wonders for me :)

Malva

Postby Malva » 29 Sep 2014 09:31

Thanks for the warm welcome superfly9 (you also like flying? ;))
I'm happy to hear it works for you! Do you have any specific posts, books or techniques you can recommend?
I've had Lucid dreams for years, but for some reason I've never considered exploring the subject more in depth!
Do you keep a dream journal? (for all kinds of dreams not just lucid).
I've been doing it on/off for a long time but usually there comes a point where I get exhausted/bored using so much time writing every morning. It seems I'm good at remembering a lot of details, so I find it hard to limit myself when I first get started. Now I only write down really crazy and vivid dreams.

buildit

Postby buildit » 29 Sep 2014 16:59

Sounds like a familiar theme. Seems lots of us either never experience another who can discuss lucid dreaming or dream control with. I just became aware others could control their dreams last week and have been on a whirl wind tour of the LD world ever since. :lol:
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

superfly9

Postby superfly9 » 30 Sep 2014 01:40

Never read a book on it, I actually never really bothered to look into it in depth until about a week ago myself, When I had a vivid dream become lucid and stayed in it for about 5mins.. which was crazy because I used to think.. That the lucid part of a vivid was just my body waking up.. So I would always just run around doing crazy stuff knowing I was about to wake lol..

But I've even had a proper WILD from just stuff I've learned from talking to people on this forum, My suggestion would be just browse around here for a bit, But I'm sure you can find many good recommendations for books and stuff from people on here, I'm still learning myself and since coming on here, But It's really peaked my interest to learn more :)

I have started a dream journal with vivid and lucid dreams.. but it does take a bit of work and we'll see how long I keep that interested with that, as for posts.. not sure, just browse and find what users have the same sort of lucid dreams as you and try and get tips from them, As for techniques.. I haven't really got a set 1.. that I practice, I have had a lot of vivid dreams that become lucid when you realize your dreaming and you gain control that way, I have only just started having WILD's and I think I had an OBE but not sure.., I usually have to drag my dream-body from my one stuck to the bed lol, but that's only since I've been learning, Before it was usually always mid dream

I have only flown properly a few times.. Because I think I'm more interested in the rest of the world around me at the time, Than I want to get up and fly over it.. I find myself picking up stuff and touching the world around me, and talking to random dream characters :lol:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”