A day in the city????

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
buildit

A day in the city????

Postby buildit » 29 Sep 2014 17:43

Had a good one last night that lasted forever. It started pretty feeble but quickly grew and took on life of it's own. At first I was just in a mall, of all things shopping. 1. I hate malls 2. the only thing I hate more than malls is shopping in them. :roll: But I rolled with it and somehow changed the direction to getting a bike part for a ten speed in the mall. Next thing I know I am riding this ten speed thru the mall like it's my motorcycle drifting corners, going over obstacles and lane splitting old folks walking too slow. :lol:
But the dream and it's realm expanded. Next I am trying to get two stray dogs to follow me and having a ball doing it. Then I realize I can't have dogs in my city apartment and I'm now trying to loose the dogs riding thru department stores and up and down elevators in this mall that is now city sized. I loose the dogs and meet up with my girl friend in the dream. She's smart and funny and helps me get the bike into my compact size car but here again she's not the type of girl I'd normally date physically. I'll leave it at that. :?

- an aside here.... Me on a ten speed? :oops: , never owned a compact car, hate cities and would NEVER live in one.

So my neighbors come over to harass me about needing a girl to help me but I easily match wits with them deflect the conversation and am on my way driving to my apartment where I encounter my land lord. He and I have a conversation and while a nice guy I don't trust him. So I leave the part of my day with playing with the dogs out of it for fear he would become suspicious of my apartment.

It went on like this forever, well a days worth of living a life I would never live, in a city that doesn't exist and I wouldn't choose to live in if it did. I've been noticing a shift in my desire / need to have absolute control over my dreams and this one went on in greater detail, with fewer storyline quirks that required me to control the dream and lasted longer than many in the last few years. I actually feel like I woke up tired form my busy day. :roll: There were still a lot of small things I did change or anneal to make the dream flow but overall a great experience.

PS I still hate malls and cities. :lol: :lol:
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

taniaaust1

Re: A day in the city????

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Sep 2014 11:51

Sounds like a great dream. I used to get tired from all my LDs, one can really do sooo much in them and its brain work to think it all throu.

Ive never found myself in a "bad" dream setting (unless its a scary uncomfortable one) as the boringest setting can be made exciting with dreams. Its all about what one chooses to do in it as you found out.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

buildit

Postby buildit » 30 Sep 2014 18:12

taniaaust1 wrote:Sounds like a great dream. I used to get tired from all my LDs, one can really do sooo much in them and its brain work to think it all throu.

Ive never found myself in a "bad" dream setting (unless its a scary uncomfortable one) as the boringest setting can be made exciting with dreams. Its all about what one chooses to do in it as you found out.

Yeah, there are some aspects to the dream I'm still figuring out. It's part of my feeling that if I allow the subconscious more control I may get further, see more, have opportunities I won't if I over control the dreams with my conscious mind (frontal and occipital lobes).
As fas as it being a bad dream it really wasn't. I had fun and only changed a few aspects. I did more control of the dream while riding the bike and doing crazy stunts on it than most the rest of the dream. The parts where I was talking with others I basically made no conscious changes.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

jicca

Postby jicca » 01 Oct 2014 05:26

taniaaust1 wrote:I used to get tired from all my LDs, one can really do sooo much in them and its brain work to think it all throu.

I am just getting started on my journey towards lucid dreaming (had my first one a month ago!) and I had no idea this was a thing (getting tired). :shock:

buildit

Postby buildit » 01 Oct 2014 05:34

jicca wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:I used to get tired from all my LDs, one can really do sooo much in them and its brain work to think it all throu.

I am just getting started on my journey towards lucid dreaming (had my first one a month ago!) and I had no idea this was a thing (getting tired). :shock:

Being mentally worn down you mean? Well, for me it was like living an entire day. I wanted to come home and relax. :lol:

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”