Dream Stabilisation

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Finch_Linus

Dream Stabilisation

Postby Finch_Linus » 29 Sep 2014 07:17

As soon as I realise I am dreaming, I start to feel my real body. Usually I can smell fresh air and my head on the pillow. I start to wake up and it happens even quicker if I rub my hands or shout for clarity.

buildit

Re: Dream Stabilisation

Postby buildit » 29 Sep 2014 17:03

Finch_Linus wrote:As soon as I realise I am dreaming, I start to feel my real body. Usually I can smell fresh air and my head on the pillow. I start to wake up and it happens even quicker if I rub my hands or shout for clarity.

Sounds like the old joke about the guy who goes to the Dr and says' "It hurts when I touch my knees". Dr looks at him and says, "Then stop touching them". :lol: Bad joke I know but if these things wake you up then don't do them or realize that doing them will wake you up and try to concentrate on the dream. Seems some find a nemonic device they can use in the dream to allow them to stay in the moment.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Finch_Linus

Postby Finch_Linus » 29 Sep 2014 17:27

Hahaha yeah I guess that makes sense lol! I never thought of it like that lol! Any ideas of what could help me stabilise? (It's so annoying when you become lucid then wake up!)

buildit

Postby buildit » 29 Sep 2014 17:50

Finch_Linus wrote:Hahaha yeah I guess that makes sense lol! I never thought of it like that lol! Any ideas of what could help me stabilise? (It's so annoying when you become lucid then wake up!)

From the sounds of it there are some here who are pretty good with imaging an item in their dreams to focus upon. All you need is that moment of cognitive thought to process enough that you look for an item and then use it, touch it or interact in some way that bonds you to the dream and not the real world.

Maybe someone else can recommend further advice or reading materials.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

superfly9

Postby superfly9 » 30 Sep 2014 00:34

I think the fact your thinking about this as soon as you get lucid, maybe you subconsciously expected it to end so soon.. as to fit in with all your other lucid dreams, I also think this is my main problem at the moment, I am able to stay longer and longer each time with practice and trying to keep my cool when you gain consciousness in the dream, It all practice and hopefully your brain will start to believe in itself that thay don't have to be so short.

I had 1 last night that I was in and thought I woke from when I got pulled from it.. I was angry and tried immediately to get another lucid dream going.. , I managed .. But I hadn't actually woken in real life.. I just woke up in my dream bed.. Because I assumed since I was getting pulled from that scene that I was going to be awake. , If that makes sense lol, But all I can say is just keep trying different things every night hopefully repetition and small gains will give you confidence enough to last a bit longer every time :D

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Sep 2014 11:11

I agree with what the last poster said to you, techiniques and practice do come into all this. If you are worrying about waking up, unfortunately that can then help you to do so.

Do consider that it may not be your "real body" you may be feeling at first but when you think in this way, you can then end up feeling your real body for real.

My advice is

- Make sure you have a dream goal worked out before hand. You can try using that to distract yourself from thinking you are about to wake up and you can use your goal to try to take your focus away from possibly feeling your physcial body. eg You could try to do something like "What's in my pocket? dream challenge. A person can do this one without even having a clear dream vision. If distraction techniques dont help to take you deeper into the dream, try stabilization ones.

- If trying to move to stabilize wakes you up, its then important not to move unless you are better stabilized first In this case use a stabilization technique in which you dont move eg I bring my ex boyfriend into my dream and get him to touch my body to pull me into the dream deeper (then when Im more stabilized in the dream, I just walk off on him lol. It pisses that DC off lol). I know Peter uses DCs of his children to stabilize.

To bring someone into your dream, just think of them being in the next room to you and of them heading to the room you are in about to walk in and they usually soon do.

- Any dream sense you do have strong in the dream, try to focus on that dream sense eg if you are smelling something in the dream. Try to see what else you can smell in your dream location (or hear or whatever).

Anyway, its just a matter of experimentation till you work out what works for you. Do not get annoyed or angry if you drop out, just dont move and spend 5 mins or so trying to go straight back into the dream again.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”