How do you enjoy exciting things?

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Jacob46719

How do you enjoy exciting things?

Postby Jacob46719 » 13 Sep 2014 08:40

How can I enjoy epic and adrenaline-filled adventures without popping out of sleep?
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

LucidityMaster

Re: How do you enjoy exciting things?

Postby LucidityMaster » 13 Sep 2014 13:23

As I said in other posts, the dream chaining technique is the best method to prolong a lucid dream.

However, experiment with it because some people on the forum have trouble dream chaining.

The Dream Chaining Technique can multiply your lucid dreaming frequency by a factor of five of more. Here are the steps to the Dream Chaining Technique:

Step 1- When you notice your dream fading, dream spin (spin around like a child) and vividly concentrate on the sensation of spinning.
Step 2- Once the dream has ended, remain completely still with your eyes closed (to contrast the motion of spinning). You will have a second chance to enter a lucid dream.
Step 3- Either, a dream will automatically form in front of you, or you must initiate it. You can visualize the dream into existence (MSDT), or alternatively concentrate on leaving your body.
How does the Dream Chaining Technique work? I believe the contrast in motion between spinning, and remaining completely still, tricks your brain into staying in the dream state.

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 26 Sep 2014 19:51

I meditate in real life not for dreaming but just for my own personal satisfaction (it relaxes me).

Just when your lucid in a dream try not getting so excited and taking a deep breath in and out and if you want repeat a few times. It has been shown in real-life studies that meditation can decrease heart rate, blood pressure, and decrease stress.

So Id just try to relax and take a deep breath in and out.

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 26 Sep 2014 20:05

dreamstudent wrote:I meditate in real life not for dreaming but just for my own personal satisfaction (it relaxes me).

Just when your lucid in a dream try not getting so excited and taking a deep breath in and out and if you want repeat a few times. It has been shown in real-life studies that meditation can decrease heart rate, blood pressure, and decrease stress.

So Id just try to relax and take a deep breath in and out.

except that's the opposite of what I want to do--I'm looking for "stability-safe" adrenaline.

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 26 Sep 2014 20:09

Yeah im saying breath in and breath out then go hard. Not saying waste your lucid dream on breathing in and out slowly haha. I have done the breathing exercise and then continue to blast off into the sky. So id say that's adrenaline pumping.

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 26 Sep 2014 20:14

dreamstudent wrote:Yeah im saying breath in and breath out then go hard.

I see.

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 26 Sep 2014 20:25

Yepp. try it and let me know if it works?

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 26 Sep 2014 20:30

dreamstudent wrote:Yepp. try it and let me know if it works?

will do.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Sep 2014 12:30

Ask yourself if you are very well stabilised in the dream before you try to do adrenaline pumping things. You may need to just be deeper in the dream first. Think about trying some stabilization techniques to try to go deeper (or I do it by letting myself go more which is hard to explain).

Another thing Ive found is that different LD techniques have me in a dreams at different depths eg if I do WILD my dreams are lighter then if I wake up within a non WILD dream. So you may want to consider if doing a different LD technique or doing your usual one but at a different time may help.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”