Ideas for dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
buildit

Ideas for dreams

Postby buildit » 30 Sep 2014 23:13

So it's great when you start adventuring into using "powers" in dreams. So I thought it might be useful to list the abilities people try in their dreams. Below is a start but Please Add Any you have done, tried or want to try.

Shape shift / become energy
freeze / stop / slow / reverse time
telekinesis
fly/ float/ glide
super speed
changing size
mind reading / control
seeing the future
invulnerability
360 degree view
Mental /Physical Weapons

Personally I don't think I've ever tried time travel which someone mentioned in another thread. I look forward to trying it. :D

Anyone else?
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

nesgirl

Re: Ideas for dreams

Postby nesgirl » 01 Oct 2014 00:30

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:39, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

buildit

Postby buildit » 01 Oct 2014 00:49

nesgirl wrote:Idea Collision Probability
Intangibility
Probability Attempt
Speed of Thought
Iron Lungs (no breathing necessary)
Lucid Dream Uniform

If you want more than that, I can put even more than that.

You might need to better define some of these before adding to the list. Keep in mind not all of us (I mean me :lol: ) are familiar with the world of video games you refer to a lot. ;)
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 01 Oct 2014 01:09

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:39, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

buildit

Postby buildit » 01 Oct 2014 01:32

nesgirl wrote:And most of those aren't video game ideas, they are superpowers, or forms of probability.

Sorry, many of those sound like something out of saturday cartoons made from video games. Like I said I'm not part of that culture so the references are lost upon me. Sort of like me making reference to voltron, Dr Strange or early Superman to you. People today don't remember that original Superman didn't fly, he jumped. Otherwise what was the point of leaping over tall buildings? ;)

Just making my point though. :D

Intangibility
Cousin to invisibility, intangibility refers to a state where a (usually visible) entity cannot interact physically with other matter. Everything just phases through the affected object.

Ahh, now I get it.

Reality Warper
Ever heard of the Superpower Lottery? Well, kid, you just won the grand prize.
You can create, change, or destroy things or even alter reality just by thinking about it.

Seems familiar to me :D

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 01 Oct 2014 03:40

I can't help myself sometimes, and don't know why this is so common for me. I often make other people's head's explode like in the movie, Scanners. I never actually watched the movie, but saw a disturbing clip when I was really young. Then I guess I grew up thinking that's the coolest super power of all time!

It doesn't always work though, and especially if the dream is really vivid.

Others may think I'm sick and twisted, but I'm just using my mind, not my fists, so it's all good. :D
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 01 Oct 2014 03:44

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:40, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

buildit

Postby buildit » 01 Oct 2014 03:49

HAGART wrote:I can't help myself sometimes, and don't know why this is so common for me. I often make other people's head's explode like in the movie, Scanners. I never actually watched the movie, but saw a disturbing clip when I was really young. Then I guess I grew up thinking that's the coolest super power of all time!

It doesn't always work though, and especially if the dream is really vivid.

Others may think I'm sick and twisted, but I'm just using my mind, not my fists, so it's all good. :D

Sounds like a telekinetic power. Of course you could be a funny guy and do it like Space Balls. :lol:

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 01 Oct 2014 03:59

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:40, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

buildit

Postby buildit » 01 Oct 2014 04:05

nesgirl wrote:When I was in elementary school, I studied volcanoes and lava and my elementary school class had a bully problem. So I decided it would be really hilarious to volcano sacrifice the bully in my Lucid Dreams, and watch him melt in the lava. And I also used to draw the volcano sacrifices in class. The classmates thought it was funny, and started drawing volcano sacrifices of the bully as well. The teacher remarked at how creative we all were.

And today you'd all be arrested for homicidal drawings. :roll: Ahhh the good old days when saying you wish someone was dead wasn't taken as a death threat and saying bang bang on the playground wasn't the same as bringing a loaded AK47 to school. :(

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”