Lucid Dreamers and God

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.

Have you ever tried to communicate with God in the phase state (LD/OOBE/AP)?

Yes, and I was successful
7%
Yes, but nothing happened
4%
Yes, but what was encountered was a product of my mind
11%
No, but I am willing to try
47%
No, and I'm reluctant to try out of fear
No votes
No, and I never will (I'm an atheist who doesn't see any point)
31%

Total votes: 45

buildit

Re: Lucid Dreamers and God

Postby buildit » 03 Oct 2014 01:52

Summerlander wrote:About Jesus, this is found in John 15:6: "If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned."

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Read the whole section Jesus is describing what happens to those within who he does not exist. They wither and like a dead branch are gathered my men and burned. So again, where does Jesus tell his disciples to kill and slaughter the nonbelievers? Or anyone for that matter? Maybe if you read about christ you might find he was not the jerk that people who were forced by over protective parents to study in Catholic School remember because the priest was a child molestor.
In the end I am sorry we disagree. I'm sorry you hate religion. For whatever we or those saying they represented religion did "I" apologize. However, like rounding up ever lucid dreamer and calling them a nut case, you would be wrong and have over simplified everything. You argue your point well and I fear if I continue to debate you I will become heated and impolite. So I will have to bow out and hope someday you find the side of religion that helps people become more than they are.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 03 Oct 2014 02:09

I edited my last post. Go read it, my friend. ;-)
On religion: there is no peaceful religion. It stultifies the human race and hinders progress.

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 03 Oct 2014 03:12

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 01:18, edited 2 times in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

buildit

Postby buildit » 03 Oct 2014 03:33

Summerlander wrote:Luke 19:27: "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them, bring them here and kill them before me."

EDITED

Christ was speaking of their wealth not people. Interpretation varies but suffice it to say if you read the context of what is said, nobody is killed. The book describes Christs views and issues with wealth.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 03 Oct 2014 03:48

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 01:18, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

buildit

Postby buildit » 03 Oct 2014 03:59

nesgirl wrote:
buildit wrote:
Summerlander wrote:Luke 19:27: "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them, bring them here and kill them before me."

EDITED

Christ was speaking of their wealth not people. Interpretation varies but suffice it to say if you read the context of what is said, nobody is killed. The book describes Christs views and issues with wealth.

My Lucid Dream friend splash back in high school was wealthy, and yet she wasn't once a jerk back then. In fact she faced much of the same problems I did back then because she had probability Lucid Dreams like I had, and faced much persecution because of it. Actually she fit in with my group of Lucid Dreaming friends just as much as the rest of us, and probability didn't make too much of a difference to us.

You can be wealthy of spirit and wealthy of money. It's not a this or that situation ;-) However to those who Christ has given much is expected of them in giving. Otherwise you are selfish and not worth the gifts you have received. Make sense? :D

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 03 Oct 2014 04:22

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 01:19, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

Peter

Postby Peter » 03 Oct 2014 04:55

never happening, I am anti-romantic

Nice post, I learned to never to say never as it always bites me but accepting of your view :)
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 03 Oct 2014 10:45

@nesgirl: I have gone on a killing spree in a lucid dream before and got a big buzz out of it. But I am not a serial killer in real life though. :-D

@buildit: The argument from exegesis is a very lame one. Again, I pose the question: if scripture is the perfect word of God, why is it so incoherent. Why is it so equivocal to the point of leading to disagreements over interpretation and leading to war and conflict. It seems more like a sham to me. Moreover, where is the sense in having a supposedly perfectly innocent individual such as Jesus Christ to pay for the crimes committed by mankind? In the world that we live in today, an innocent going down for the crimes of another is an attrocity. It isn't justice because criminals should be accountable for their wrongdoing. The responsibility should be theirs. This point has already been raised almost three centuries ago by Thomas Paine in his book "Age of Reason."

I am also proud to say that I am an atheist who has raised thousands of pounds for my best man's nephew's son, who is only five and has a rare form of childhood cancer called Neuroblastoma. And I was never touched by Jesus Christ! This also brings me to the next issue: what sort of good god makes a child suffer like that?

And then the same is applicable to so-called salvation: Why did God create sinners only to punish them when He could just fix them? If He is powerless to make them see the light, if He is powerless to convince them, then He is not omnipotent.

And why did He create atheists? Why did He create people who would question everything, demand evidence (as they should), and expose the notion of faith for the ridiculous folly that it is?

I rest my case... :-D

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 03 Oct 2014 20:35

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 01:19, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

Return to “Dream Science”